Introduction: PASADENA/GLENDALE/SOUTH BAY:
We charge a minimum $250 for in-person lessons. Includes up to 2 hours.
GRANADA HILLS/PORTER RANCH:
We charge a minimum $150 for in-person lessons. Includes up to 1.5 hours.
We are a team of experienced teachers and tutors each specializing in our own subject strengths. We provide excellent customer service, usually immediate or within minutes for homework help or project completion. Online tutoring is also available through voice and a shared online whiteboard for step-by-step problem solving.
We strive to get to the root of the problem be it a test-taking challenge or a problem with fundamental learning. Not very fond of your teacher? Unfortunately, this is often the case. We follow your own pace of learning to achieve results.
We love the moment when a student finally understands a topic and starts building self-confidence. We can then use this to change the way a student thinks about a subject resulting in continual improvement and achievement.
I'm a graduate of UCLA Engineering with a passion for explaining how the physical world works through math and physics along with 14 years of tutoring experience in those subjects, test prep, and computer skills. The teaching strategy I believe in emphasizes subject fundamentals, a powerful and necessary tool for higher problem solving. This strategy has proven very effective regardless of the student's educational background or mental ability. Besides being knowledgeable, I am motivating, caring, and patient in guiding your student to academic success!
Executive Functioning is a separate realm that tutoring can assist in. It deals with cognitive processes including organization, time management, and study skills. Much of the difficulty students face in academic subjects can be attributed to the lack of executive functioning. They either cannot keep up with the pace and workload that advanced courses demand or haven't figured out the best way to study for themselves. We are able to assess a student's shortcomings and formulate a plan for
• Elementary • Pre-Algebra • Algebra 1 & 2 • Geometry • Pre-Calculus
• Trigonometry • AP Calculus • Applied/Business Calculus • Mathematical Statistics (for physical sciences and engineering) • Differential Equations
• AP Physics 1 & 2 • College Physics • AP Chemistry • Chemistry • Biochemistry • Biology
• Reading Comprehension • Essay Writing • Grammar • Vocabulary
Writing & Editing:
• Academic Research • Admission Essay • Resume • Proofreading • Copyediting • Developmental Editing
• SAT I & II • ACT • ISEE • SSAT • HSPT • GRE • TEAS • CHSPE • GED • ASVAB • CBEST and more
• MS Word • Excel • PowerPoint • Outlook • Adobe Acrobat • Adobe Reader • Dropbox • Google Drive • Skype • General Windows/Mac
• Grade Monitoring • Teacher Collaboration
• Organization • Time Management • Study Skills • Checking Work
• Spanish • French • Mandarin
• Completely turned around achievement and self-confidence of mentored students by 1 full letter grade
• 9% average student improvement in math and physics performance
• Member of National Tutoring Association
Cancellation Policy: At least 24 hours notice or charged for full session.
Purchases for bundles or pay-as-you-go tutoring are non-refundable.