Introduction: Why? I will teach you much more than just playing notes on a keyboard. You will learn to listen to music and gain a lifetime appreciation for music in any style. As a world class composer, you will gain insight that others cannot provide to you, whether as a young child or adult, including seniors.
Remote is also a viable option, because with Zoom the lessons are recorded for free and you can refer back to the lessons as you build your lesson library. Many like this better than in person because of this feature.
Now, about Karma......
"One of my friends asked "Why do you pay so much money for your kid to play the piano”? Well I have a confession to make; I don't pay for my kid to play the piano. Personally, I couldn't care less about what instrument they play.
So, what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my kid becomes so tired they want to quit but don't.
- I pay for those days when my kid comes home from school and is "too tired" to do to their lesson but they go anyway.
- I pay for my kid to learn to be disciplined, focused and dedicated.
- I pay for my kid to learn to take care of her body and instrument.
- I pay for my kid to learn to work with others and to be a good teammate, gracious in failure, and humble in success.
- I pay for my kid to learn to deal with disappointment when she doesn’t get that recognition she’d hoped for, but still she goes back week after week giving it her best shot.
- I pay for my kid to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kid to respect, not only themselves, but their teachers and fellow young musicians.
- I pay for my kid to learn that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to play beautifully and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay for my kid to be proud of small achievements, and to work towards long term goals.
- I pay for the opportunity my kid has and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of her achievements as I am.
- I pay so that my kid can be creating something beautiful instead of sitting in front of a screen...
...I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for piano playing; I pay for the opportunities that learning to play provides my kid with to develop attributes that will serve her well throughout her life and give her the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!"