What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
Assess needs. Verify ideal outcome. Communicate solutions & costs. Commit to perform work. Complete work to exacting industry standards and customer's desired outcome.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Not only do I personally spend 75+ hrs per week in the technology trenches, I research daily; study weekly; do competencies monthly; and never get enough tech! I am a Microsoft OEM computer builder & software partner. I am a Google Partner.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
Fell in love with technology in 1979 after buying a used word processor at a garage sale. Been hooked ever since!
What types of customers have you worked with?
Website Design & Hosting. Network Administration for Small Businesses. Windows Computer Repairs. Computer Security Countermeasures & Repairs. Custom Desktop Computer Design & Build.
Describe a recent project you are fond of. How long did it take?
1) Full Product Design for a BBQ Rub launch. Included website, product labels, and general company branding. From concept to completion it took 4 weeks.
2) Technology consulting for a medial facility. From initial contact to completion it took 7 days.
3) Replace motherboard in a laptop. From initial contact to completion it took 3 days.
4) Install new hard drive and install Windows 7 Professional. From initial contact to completion it took 1 day.
5) Restore normal operation to a Windows 7 Home Premium desktop computer after malware infection. Remove 1,721 infections, repair registry, repair system files, update all software and validate 100% clean. From initial contact to completion it took 2 days.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
Seek the professional with the skills MATCHED to the service you need. If your Windows computer is acting up, you need a Windows Expert, like Mica Specialties, not a copy repair shop. If you want an state-of-the-arts website design, you want a professional digital agency like Mica Specialties!
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
ALL THE TECHNOLOGY YOUR COMPANY NEEDS! Web Site Design, Digital Marketing, and IT Services.