We're updating our Terms of Use. Learn more. Close

Strayer Surveying & Mapping

Strayer Surveying & Mapping

Venice, FL

Bronze profile

Let us do the work

  1. 1

    Answer a few questions about your needs.

  2. 2

    Get competing quotes from pros within 24 hours.

  3. 3

    Compare and hire at a price right for you.

Request Free Quotes

About Strayer Surveying & Mapping

We have been surveying the Gulf Coast since 1987.

Our service area extends throughout Florida, and our primary focus is on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

We separate ourselves from our competitors with our 30+ years of professional experience, technological advantages, and our efficient workflow.

In turn, we consistently achieve our customers goals by providing a reliable, accurate, and cost-effective product. Our company is built on our vision, hard work, determination, and dedication to our profession.

Where we work:

- Manatee County
- Sarasota County
- Charlotte County
- Lee County

We offer residential, commercial, construction, environmental survey services.

Some of the many types of surveys we perform:

- Mortgage Surveys (Boundary survey with improvements shown): Typically the minimum requirement for properties with constructed improvements; often used when obtaining a loan or transferring property.
- Boundary Surveys (Boundary survey without improvements shown): Typically for vacant land, or to place a fence or similar need.
- FEMA Elevation Certificates: Typically required for properties within designated flood zones to get flood insurance.

When to get a survey done?

- Prior to purchasing a home to be sure what you are buying is really on the site presented to you.
- Prior to installing a fence, building a house, or other types of construction.
- Prior to dividing parcels or combining parcels.
- To verify canal or road frontage.
- When you think someone is using or occupying your land.
- When you need to get flood insurance.
- To locate wetland delineation marked by agencies.
- To verify coastal construction setback location.


742 Shamrock blvd
Venice, FL 34293

Question and answer

Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?

A. Hire a local surveyor that is knowledgeable of the county that your residence or business resides in.

Make sure the company has insurance.

Check to see if the company has been around for a while; this will save you money in the future if you need an updated survey or future survey services

Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?

A. Always get a boundary survey and elevation certificate.

Boundary surveys can save hundreds if not thousands of dollars on issues that may end up in court due to encroachments or boundary line disputes.

Make sure you have an updated survey at all times.

Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?

A. - Are they an established business?
(Do they have an office)

- Do they have insurance?
(If they make a mistake you want them to be held responsible for it)

Are they active members in any professional surveying societies? If so, how are they involved?
(The more involved the person is the better professional service)

- How long has the company been around?
(You want an established company so that if you needed future services you know that they will still be there)

Write a review

Get started »
Let us introduce you to pros.