David J. Hanbury, a respected engineer, producer and musician, and the proprietor of the House of Jam, has been recording music for over 30 years. The House of Jam provides a comfortable environment and a wide range of services to many artists (and businesses) in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area at an affordable price.
* Recording (includes engineer)
Because "watching the clock" creates a stressful environment for a recording session, we prefer to work hourly on each project. We have worked with many artists on different types of projects, including singles, EPs, demos, full-length albums, voice-overs, spoken word, documentaries, etc., and this system levels the playing field.
> The base hourly rate for an on-site recording is $50 per hour.
> An off-site recording is $70 per hour.
This service is for in-house clients, and for those who have recorded their material somewhere else and is looking for a different take on the mix-down. Short projects (singles, EPs, demos, and short programs under 4 hours in length) are billed at a rate of $50 per hour. Recording projects exceeding 10 hours are negotiable.
Our mastering services are billed according to the number of songs being mastered.
* Mastering Lite:
Our Mastering Lite service included with every session involves routing the final mix through our state-of-the-waves plug-ins, maximizing your sound. Mastering Lite does not involve complex equalization, compression and processing. The Mastering Lite service, though not as involved as the full mastering treatment described above, provides the indie artist with a competitive product for indie artists on a limited budget.
* Voice-over production: The House of Jam Studios is dedicated primarily to music recording; however, broadcast-quality voice-overs are offered at our standard hourly rate of $50. This rate includes consultation, rehearsal, recording, editing, and mixing/mastering.
* Voice-over recording: Voiceover work and voiceover talent are available for your session for an additional cost.
* MixAssist services mix evaluation: Our MixAssist services are billed at $100 per album/project (up to 14 songs/tracks, or a program up to 1 hour in length). Equipment consultation is billed at $50 per hour for any time beyond the one hour MixAssist session.
* Audio repair/restoration: Our audio repair/restoration services are billed at $100 per hour.