Master Chess by MyChessTutor! (Free Evaluation)
Responds in about 12 min
Current Top Pro
Hired 125 times
1 similar job done near you
21 years in business
Credit card, PayPal, Stripe, Zelle
Top Pros are among the highest-rated, most popular professionals on Thumbtack.
Jul - Dec
Current Top Pro
Customers rated this pro highly for work quality, professionalism, and responsiveness.
Read reviews that mention:
- What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?
1. FOUNDATIONS - best for those with less than two years of playing experience (U1200 Rating), ages 5 through 100+: $45/hour. 2. INTERMEDIATE - best for those with *more* than two years of playing experience (>1200 Rating), ages 5 through 100+: $55/hour. Discounts are available for long-term and frequent students. The fee for online coaching includes: 1. Chess lesson instruction 2. Personalized, student-tailored notes & recommended practice 3. Unlimited offline text support for all homework help 4. Exclusive, academy-only monthly tournaments
- What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
1. Understand the student's goals 2. Evaluate their ability, strengths, and weaknesses 3. Assign one of our expert coaches 4. Devise a lesson outline/plan-of-action in accordance with the student's goals 5. Get started! 6. Adjust the course-of-action when necessary 7. Provide progress updates, and make recommendations for improvement (improvement must be quantifiable!)
- What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Priyav, the Chief Checkmate Officer, is Master chess player and is ranked in the top 1% of all American chess players. He's also a huge proponent for education and the science of education. While a stellar chess player, he's also an accomplished chess coach. Over the past 6 years, he's refined his teaching philosophy--drawing from his experience and from the best of chess pedagogy. Within MyChessTutor, all 22 coaches are hand-picked and selected on the basis of their coaching ability and experience, kindness, and interpersonal skills. They are held accountable--through frequent lesson audits and performance-data--to always deliver exceptional learning experiences for our chess students.