Introduction: We’re so glad you’re here. Five things to know about us:
1. We’re friendly, flexible, top-shelf musicians who love the worldwide evolution of jazz in the 20th century. And who play like people in love.
2. We’re not so much a jazz band as an emotional weather system. We’re a party on Gatsby’s lawn. We’re a cobblestone street in Paris at dusk. We’re a nightclub in Rio. We’re the early hours of the morning in the French Quarter of New Orleans. We’re a mood, an atmosphere, an experience.
3. We’re here for you. We love talking with clients about styles and song lists. We know thousands of songs, and we’re always eager to try new songs and new arrangements. We’re also magically able to transform ourselves into different combinations, from a duo to a sextet—anything with guitar, piano, bass, drums, sax, trumpet, or vocals (plus clarinet, banjo, and accordion!).
4. We’re aware that the name of our band isn’t especially clever. The most accurate name for our band would probably be We Love Playing So Much, We Didn’t Stop to Think of a Good Name for Our Band. But that seemed a little too complicated, so we went with the shorter option.
5. We were The Bash's’ Top Jazz Ensemble for the past five years, and we’ve played with people like Herbie Hancock, Chaka Khan, and Ray Charles. But we don’t play for likes, or ratings, or stars. We play for love, we play for lovers, and we’d love to play for you.
We couldn't think of a better job than bringing the joy and beauty of music to important events in people's lives.