Introduction: MOST REVIEWS
I've received more verified 5-star reviews for public speaking coaching than any other professional on Thumbtack. Plus, rather than offering a bunch of different services (like acting, life coaching, voiceover, etc), I am a full-time, dedicated speech coach. This means that I spend 100% of my professional hours honing a single craft by working exclusively with public speaking students.
Since my initial forays into public speaking (and coaching!) in high school, I've spent thousands of hours presenting--in sports radio broadcasting, competitive speech & debate, corporate settings, stand-up comedy and podcasting. I've also been a full-time public speaking coach for three years, guiding hundreds of students towards their diverse speaking goals. Thanks to this range and depth of experience, I'm able to help both adults and kids tackle a wide array of speaking challenges (read on for examples).
In addition to being deeply knowledgeable, extremely dedicated and highly responsive, I take time to learn about each student's unique speaking goals, struggles and strengths--and then thoughtfully design individualized lessons for each. I also take students behind the scenes of the coaching process, explaining my methods and encouraging self-analysis--so that even after our sessions conclude, you can be your own coach and keep honing your speaking skills for the rest of your life!
MY TYPICAL STUDENTS
Three primary types, really:
- Professionals who find themselves speaking more often & in front of new/bigger/more important audiences at work, and fear inadequate speaking skills and/or nerves are holding back their career.
- Kids (or adults) whose shyness or lack of conversation skills pose a serious obstacle to self-expression and socializing comfortably with peers.
- High-achieving children whose parents want to help them take their communication skills to new heights and/or prepare for high school speech & debate or future academic interviews.
If any of these sounds like you (or your child), perhaps we should talk! :-)
Areas of focus:
- Business communication (presentations, Q&A or general discussion)
- Job, book tour, or academic interview prep
- Content development (e.g., brainstorming ideas & shaping them into a coherent speech)
- Helping shy kids (or adults) build conversation skills & become more comfortable speaking in class, at work or in social settings.
- High school speech & debate training.
- Political candidate debate & media interview practice.
- And if nerves are your nemesis, I offer a wealth of practical strategies to overcome, manage and speak well despite them.
Common speaking challenges I can help address (not an exhaustive list):
- Abundant fillers (um, uh, like, etc.)
- Excessive speed
- Flat, monotone style
- Weak volume
- Poor enunciation/mumbling/stumbles
- Mind blanks/freezes
- Inability to express what's on your mind
- Rambling & poor organization
- Conversational awkwardness
- And of course, nerves!
The default rate is $150/hour (each session is an hour). This gets you all my customary content, analysis & feedback, with all exercises & speaking done live in-session.
If you’d like me to review a recording of you speaking outside of session, there’s an additional $20 charge. Recordings can be great fodder for coaching, since I can listen to/watch them beforehand (usually several times), and come to the session prepared with commentary. This also allows us to pack more insight & analysis into each session, which makes it a higher-quality service designed to help you reach your goals faster.
Students who leave a review on Thumbtack will receive $40 off their next session!
LINKS & FREE CONSULTATION
You can watch/listen to some of my work in the links below, which include the winning speech at a company-wide presentation competition, plus a couple episodes of my 125-plus-episodes podcast (in which I coached the guests in speaking/voiceover fundamentals).
Reach out for a free consultation--I'd be delighted to chat!