Introduction: MOST REVIEWS
Over the last 12 months, I have received more verified 5-star reviews for Public Speaking Coaching than any other professional on Thumbtack. (A couple other pros have more total reviews, but many of those are for other, unrelated services and/or over a year old.) Plus, rather than offering a bunch of different services (like acting, life coaching, motivational seminars, etc), I am a full-time, dedicated speech coach. This means that I spend 100% of my professional hours honing a single craft by working exclusively with public speaking students.
New students who leave a review after their first session will receive the next for 50% off the normal price. Read on for more pricing details.
MY TYPICAL STUDENTS
Four types, really:
- Professionals who find themselves speaking more often & in front of new/bigger/more important audiences, and fear inadequate speaking skills and/or nerves are holding back their career.
- Companies or other organizations seeking group speaking workshops, classes or employee training.
- Kids (or adults) whose shyness or lack of verbal skills pose a serious obstacle to self-expression and socializing comfortably with peers.
- High-achieving children whose parents want to help them take their communication skills to new heights and/or prepare for academic interviews.
If any of these sounds like you (or your child), perhaps we should talk! :-)
Since I started coaching public speaking over a decade ago, I've spent thousands of hours presenting--in sports radio broadcasting, competitive forensics/debate, corporate settings, stand-up comedy and podcasting. Thanks to this range and depth of experience, I'm comfortable teaching beginners and professionals alike in both public speaking speaking fundamentals and advanced techniques.
In addition to being deeply knowledgeable, extremely dedicated and highly responsive, I take time to learn about each student's unique speaking goals, struggles and strengths--and then thoughtfully design individualized lessons for each. I also take students behind the scenes of the coaching process, explaining my methods and encouraging self-analysis--so that even after our sessions conclude, you can be your own coach and keep improving as a speaker for the rest of your life!
Areas of focus:
- Business communication (presentations, Q&A or general discussion)
- Job, book tour, or academic interview prep
- Content development (e.g., brainstorming ideas & shaping them into a coherent speech)
- Helping shy kids (or adults) build conversation skills & become more comfortable speaking in class, at work or in social settings.
- High school debate training.
- Political candidate debate & media interview practice.
- And if nerves are your nemesis, I offer a wealth of practical strategies to overcome, manage and speak well despite them.
Common speaking challenges I can help address (not an exhaustive list):
- Abundant fillers (um, uh, like, etc.)
- Excessive speed
- Flat, monotone style
- Weak volume
- Poor enunciation/mumbling/stumbles
- Mind blanks/freezes
- Inability to express what's on your mind
- Rambling & poor organization
- Conversational awkwardness
- And of course, nerves!
Expert: $155/hr -- ideal for students on a tighter budget or who don't have much time to do homework.
- Gets you all my customary content, analysis & feedback, with assignments done live in-session.
- Here, you would record your assignments & send them to me before session. I listen to them (usually many times), and come to the session prepared with feedback/analysis. This allows me to pack more insight & analysis into each session, which makes it a higher-quality service designed to help you reach your goals faster.
LINKS & FREE CONSULTATION
You can watch/listen to some of my work in the links below, which include the winning speech at a company-wide presentation competition, plus a couple episodes of my 125-plus-episodes podcast (in which I coached the guests in speaking/voiceover fundamentals).
Reach out for a free consultation--I'd be delighted to chat!