How much does a chauffeur cost?
Chauffeur prices can range from $75 to $250 per hour, but most providers have hourly minimums that will bring the prices up to $225 or all the way to $1,500 for larger vehicles. Special event packages can range from $400 all the way up to a 50-person party bus for $1,800. Wedding chauffeur service packages can range from $500 to $1,200.
You may want to add an elegant touch to a wedding or special anniversary, or ensure your wedding party is transported safely between venues. Perhaps you have family or a group of friends who all want to attend a sports event together without worrying about driving. Whether you’re planning a once-in-a-lifetime celebration or want excellent service from professional drivers during airport pickups or other trips, a professional chauffeur will ensure everyone arrives safely. Let’s look at what you should know before you book service, and what you should ask when you call.
What’s in this cost guide?
When to hire a professional chauffeur service
Chauffeurs drive people in style for weddings, birthdays, bachelor and bachelorette parties, kids’ parties, and prom night. But they also will happily drive you for sporting events, concerts, business events, airport pickups, business trips, and more. They can make an evening feel more memorable than a rental car would, and offer a high level of customer service that will make the experience enjoyable.
In general, private chauffeur services are a two-in-one package with a car service or airport transfer service, rather than a stand-alone service professional. Customers can request limousine service, and choose an executive car, SUV limo, luxury sedan, or classic car. Trips can be one-way, round-trip or multi-stop for a special date or a celebration with dozens of friends.
Chauffeur-driven tours are also available in larger cities; these can be a great way to cap off a special sightseeing trip.
Cost of chauffeur service by vehicle
The luxury level and passenger capacity of the vehicle are the main factors in the total cost of a chauffeur. The vehicle rental price includes the services of the driver. Typically, larger vehicles cost more than sedans, except for exotic and classic cars. For an extra cost you may be able to have a professional chauffeur pick you up in a Mercedes-Benz, BMW, or Jaguar.
Here are pricing examples from WSI Limousine in McDonough, Georgia:
- Luxury sedan: $75 per hour, with a three-hour minimum ($225)
- Stretch SUV: $90 per hour, with a three-hour minimum ($270)
- 10-person limousine: $125, with a four-hour minimum ($500)
- Limo bus: $150 per hour, with a four-hour minimum ($600)
- 20-person limo: $200, with a six-hour minimum ($1,200)
- Party bus: $250, with a six-hour minimum ($1,500)
Cost of chauffeur service for special events and holidays
Chauffeur service companies generally charge higher rates for high-draw events, such as prom or the Super Bowl. The demand for drivers is greater, so higher rates help companies compete and also compensate drivers for working during special events or holidays. Many chauffeur companies offer packages instead of hourly booking on special event days, which allows them to schedule the longest time with the highest-rated car rather than shorter service with smaller cars.
Here’s how WSI Limousine charges for special events:
- Tailgate package with SUV: $400
- Prom package with luxury sedan: $400
- Prom package with SUV: $550
- Tailgate package with limo: $650
- Prom package with 10-person limo: $850
- Tailgate package with party bus: $1,000
- Prom package with 20-person limo: $1,600
- Prom package with 20-person party bus: $1,800
- Prom package with 50-person party bus: $3,500
Cost of chauffeur service for weddings
Chauffeurs and weddings are a match made in heaven. Car service companies typically offer wedding packages that include a set amount of time with the car and driver and provide drop-off at the ceremony site, transportation to the reception, shuttling guests, and party stops after the event. Most chauffeur service companies offer wedding packages rather than hourly booking.
WSI Limousine charges the following for wedding chauffeur services:
- SUV wedding package: $500
- Limo wedding package: $750
- Shuttle bus wedding package: $1,200
Gratuity for the chauffeur adds to the overall cost of services. It’s standard to tip chauffeurs 20 percent for a job well done. Many companies encourage clients to tip the driver directly in cash if possible, but some companies include gratuity in the contract — be sure to ask. Even if the contract includes a standard gratuity, you can add an extra tip to recognize outstanding service.
Professional chauffeur services will charge extra fees for major cleanup after a vehicle rental. Most chauffeur service contracts have clauses that account for broken glass, torn upholstery, vomit, and other party-related damage.
Tips for hiring a chauffeur service
- Find out what’s available. Ask about the car classes they have available, costs for different services, and special pricing for holidays.
- Download the app. Some professional chauffeur services have an easy-to-use app that can make it easier to book a car, which is especially convenient for repeat trips like airport transfers.