The average price of dog-sitting is $20-$30. Several factors affect the cost of dog-sitting services, including length of visit and number of dogs. The cost of a 30-minute visit is $25, while overnight visits cost $75 and up. Dog-sitting is sometimes offered as an ongoing service to ensure that dogs get frequent exercise and care while owners are busy. Dog sitters can make multiple visits to the home each day or can stay overnight with the dog at a client’s home. Dog-sitting typically occurs at the client’s home, not at the dog sitter’s place.
Length of visit
Dog-sitting visits typically last between 15 minutes and 60 minutes, with the cost increasing as the length of each visit increases. Executive Pet Service in Cleveland, Ohio, offers the following tiered pricing, which includes water, feeding, medication administration, playtime, walks and cuddling as desired:
- 10-minute express (best for quick feeding and potty breaks): $12.50
- 20- to 30-minute visit: $18
- 30- to 45-minute visit: $25
- 45- to 60-minute visit: $32
Pet sitters can also stay overnight in a client’s home. Having the pet sitter stay overnight increases the cost for services because the client is paying for the sitter’s exclusive time. Overnight visits include all the basic care and exercise that dog-sitting visits include. Here are a couple pricing examples:
- Superstar Pet Sitting and Dog Walking in North Hollywood, California: $75 for up to 15 hours
- Executive Pet Service: $85 for up to nine hours
|Length of sitting||Average Cost|
Costs increase if there is more than one dog at the home. For example, Superstar Pet Sitting and Dog Walking charges $3 per additional dog for an overnight stay.
If a dog sitter has to travel beyond his or her typical service region, the cost for services may increase. For example, Aunt Darlene’s Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Services in Old Bridge, New Jersey, has a base fee of $20 for a 30-minute visit, but that price may rise based on the pet owner’s location.
Dog sitting-services on holidays may cost more. Aunt Darlene’s Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Services charges an extra $10 for pet-related services on major holidays.
- Take advantage of free in-home consultations like the one provided by Superstar Pet Sitting and Dog Walking before committing to a dog sitter. You, your dog and your prospective dog sitter will get a chance to meet one another and determine if it’s the right personality fit for your furry friend.