The cost of outdoor pest control ranges from $50 to $200 nationwide. However, the price you'll pay depends on the type of pest control you need, how severe your pest infestation is and how much pest control companies in your area charge.
Cost of outdoor pesticide application:
|National average cost
Outdoor pests can wreak havoc on a property. Certain types of insects can strafe gardens, damage trees and shrubbery, or ruin grass. They can find exposed areas in buildings to get inside. In addition, mosquitos and ticks, commonly found in backyards, can cause serious diseases such as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, West Nile, Zika and Lyme disease.
Many types of treatments are available to combat various types of insects. Most professionals recommend signing a service contract for treatment areas that are particularly infested because outdoor pest control is a never-ending battle. These contracts are relatively affordable for an average household.
What's in this cost guide?
Although most professional outdoor pest control companies will provide a one-time visit, ongoing service is best for keeping pests permanently at bay. Generally, per-visit prices are higher for a single visit than for monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly visits. Many companies offer special rates for contract customers.
For example, Moyer Indoor Outdoor Pest Control of Souderton, Pennsylvania, offers its Exterior Home Guard service starting at $25 per month for 12 months, with pricing based on square footage of the property. This service covers ants (including carpenter), centipedes, clover mites, crickets, earwigs, ground beetles, millipedes, pill or sow bugs, spiders, wasps and yellow jackets, and it includes:
- Four services per year, every other month in season
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- No charge for treatment of covered pests between scheduled visits
- Free treatment of covered pests observed inside the house
If a pest control provider doesn’t guarantee its work, customers can end up paying over and over again to address the same problem. Better companies guarantee their work.
For example, Bulwark Exterminating of Schertz, Texas, offers 48-hour availability, unlimited free re-services to resolve issues, follow-up call a few days after service and free service if technicians do not show up at scheduled time.
How to hire an outdoor pesticide applicator
To find an exterminator or outdoor pesticide applicator, use these tips:
- Start your search online. By going online, you're able to quickly find the best pesticide applicators, read their customer reviews and analyze their ratings.
- Look up their credentials. Your state or city may require that professional hold pesticide applicator license. Check your state or local government website to see what the requirements are where you live.
- Get free estimates from several pros. Getting quotes from at least three or five professionals will help ensure you're not overpaying.
Visit Thumbtack's Smart Hiring guide for more tips on how to hire a pro safely.