How often should you replace a treadmill belt?
You should replace your treadmill belt if it’s beyond repair and has gone through too much wear and tear. A service technician can help you determine if it’s time to replace the belt. Here are a few signs that indicate you might need to replace it:
- You can feel or see fraying, cuts or snags.
- Your belt has loose seams.
- The belt is discolored or your see dark/black streaks.
- It’s more difficult to run (or it doesn’t feel as smooth)
- You can feel uneven wear when touching both sides of the belt.
A treadmill service professional can help you determine if it’s time to replace your belt.