What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
We take the time to sit down with our clients in order to truly understand the vision and desire of each and every client. We deliver your vision utilizing only the latest, state of the art equipment.
We know your goal is more than just a fly by. Because we know you have a focus, and it’s our job to focus and draw attention to what is important to you and your customers.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
With over 20 years experience we have been in the air and on the Screen since the late 90s.
A Bachelors degree in Digital Cinematography
How did you get started doing this type of work?
It all started with a passion for film making and Photography as well as a passion for flying, when the technology was available that merged the 2 it was only natural to transition.
What types of customers have you worked with?
We have worked with many different Real Estate brokerages, Investment firms, and individual owners. No job is to big and nothing is to small, we deliver the best every time.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
1. FAA Certified? Does their firm have an FAA Part 107 UAV Operator’s Certificate in-hand? (ask to see a copy)
2. Liability Insurance: Does your firm carry at least $1M+ in liability insurance coverage that specifically covers piloting a drone for real estate photography?
3. Client References: Please send me links to property websites that contain your work.
4. Interior Video: Can you also shoot interior stabilized video? Many drone operators make use hand-held gimbals to shoot interior and ground-based video that match the quality of their aerial shots. Important, if you want both.
5. Pre-Shoot Planning Checklist: Please share your pre-shoot planning checklist, so I can understand how you work.
6. Price List: how much do you charge for of their products? (you should always ask for a fixed price for deliverables, do not be billed by the hour)
7. Lead Time & Weather Conditions: How much lead time do you need to prepare and show up onsite? What weather & wind conditions would prevent you from shooting?
8. Deposit, Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Are there any fees or cancellation penalties if we change our minds? How much lead time do you require?
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
Whats the scope of work, whats your vision? Do you have any particular points of interest that you would like to highlight? What is the goal of the shoot?