What types of customers have you worked with?
1) Full Service - planning, design & coordination
2) Coordination for the day - we coordinate the details that you plan, starting 1 month prior to your event. Includes coordination on the day of the event
3) Coordination + wedding referrals - in addition to coordination, we provide you qualified referrals to vendors that have been selected based on your needs and budget.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
When interviewing wedding planners for wedding planning help, make sure to ask a few key questions:
1. How long have you been in business?
2. What kind of certifications do you have?
3. Do you have staff or back-up system for the day-of coordination?
4. How much of your business growth comes from client referrals?
5. Do you have vendor referrals?
6. Can you commit to, and work within, my budget?
7. How do you stay organized?
8. Will you coordinate delivery, arrival, and setup times with vendors?
9. Will you read through vendor contracts for me? What are things to look out for?
Also make sure that the planner is asking you a lot of questions, not just about guest list and budget, but about you and your fiancés relationship, your style and personality. Its important that you feel comfortable with your wedding planner, and that they are able to see your vision.
If a wedding planner seems bossy and tells you what you should be doing or encourages you to increase your budget, move on to the next one. Your wedding planner should be your advocate and support system when it comes to hiring wedding planning help, so make sure they are on your team!
Once you feel that you click with a wedding planner, the next step is to make sure they are extremely organized, certified and experienced. On top of all of that, they need to be able to stay calm under pressure and have outstanding people skills. After all, theyre going to be the ones talking with vendors, reviewing contracts and handling day-of surprises.
More tips and advice on our blog.