How much does it cost to install appliances?
Installing a new appliance costs $125, on average. However, homeowners should expect to pay within the range of $120 to $150.
For less complex appliance installations, you may pay a low-end cost ranging between $65 and $100. On the other hand, more complex appliances like laundry machines, ranges and other items can cost between $175 and $326 to install. Ask whichever appliance installation service you hire to give you a price quote, if possible.
Should you tip appliance installers?
You can tip appliance installers if you feel their service has gone above and beyond. A standard tip is between $10 and $20.
Reasons you might consider tipping include a very pleasant customer service demeanor, having to carry a heavy appliance up or down the stairs, working in inclement weather, taking care not to make a mess and other acts of care and consideration. You are not obligated to leave a tip — but one is always appreciated.
What types of appliances can a professional install?
There are a number of different appliances that professionals can install for you, including:
- Washers and dryers. These machines are heavy and very sensitive to being level and balanced, and also require hookups to water, electricity and sometimes gas or propane.
- Cooking ranges. Your range may use propane or gas, which is a hookup job best left to the pros.
- Microwaves. You may want to have your microwave be an undermount or in-mounted unit, which a pro can install and make it look seamless.
- Refrigerators. These are heavy and often require a water hookup.
- And more!
Reach out to an appliance installation service, and find out if they can install your appliance. Often, it’s helpful to provide the brand and model of the appliance you’re trying to set up.
What are the advantages of hiring an appliance installer?
There are several perks to having a professional install your appliances, including:
- Hiring a pro saves you time and money. If it breaks down, the service person who sold and installed the machine can fulfill its warranty. However, this warranty could be void if you install it incorrectly.
- It will work reliably. Many appliances like ranges and laundry machines rely on being on level surfaces as well as having potentially dangerous hookups installed correctly.
- You can get repair and maintenance support. If something isn’t working or you want advice, you can call up your installer and ask if they can help you troubleshoot or repair it.
How do I hire an appliance installer?
To find an appliance installer near you, start searching on Thumbtack. This way, you see a list of nearby pros offering services and compare based on their customer review, ratings and profile pages. You can also find customer-uploaded photos showing pictures of the pro’s work.
Check for licensing requirements in your state, and make sure whoever you work with abides by them. Finally, contact several different pros to compare their rates.
Do appliance repairmen or specialists offer remote or virtual services?
You should contact appliance repairmen and specialists near you before hiring them for the project to see if they can offer their services remotely or virtually. Appliance repairs are typically done in person, but you can ask if it's possible to have a virtual consultation or an online walk-through. If you see that a pro is offering remote services in their profile, message them to find out what those services include.