1. Before contacting Santas, think about what you'd like to have yours do at your event. Decide whether he needs to pose for photographs, let kids sit on his lap, sing songs, or tell stories.
2. Prepare a list of questions for your prospective Santas once you've found three or four pros to interview. Ask them about their rates, appearance length and what kind of performances they can do.
3. Try to hire a Santa who has been doing this for quite a few seasons, particularly if you're planning to have lots of kids at the event. These pros have ample experience dealing with scared kids.
4. Once you've settled on a Saint Nick, agree on details like the length of time he'll be staying at the party. You should also determine a payment plan in case you end up asking him to stay longer.
5. Ask your Santa if there's anything you need to do to prepare for his arrival. Figure out how you want him to make his entrance, and see if there are any supplies or props you should provide.
How to Hire the Perfect Santa for the Holidays
This year, invite the magic of the North Pole into your home.
How to Throw the Ultimate Holiday Party
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Time to celebrate!
For apprehensive kids, ask Santa to tone down enthusiastic laughs.
It can seem more believable if Santa leaves after a short visit.
The Real Cost of Throwing a Great Party
For a few extra bucks, you can plan an event to remember.