Introduction: Established in 2022.
SERIOUS inquiries only. 🔍 Please note my rates, read my profile fully before reaching out to me.
MY SERVICES include…
• SAT/ACT test prep
• Personal statement & essay consultant for college applications
• Long-term academic mentorship & private English/Math tutoring
Need a Mentor? 🐥
Mindset & Motivation? 🤌🏽
You’re in the right place.
BEYOND MY STATS…
• 2380 out of 2400 SAT, perfect reading + writing scores
• Early action & 3.84 GPA @ Princeton University
• English major & Senior Thesis Prize Winner
• 10+ years experience all-around SAT/ACT & Common App expert
• Excellent communicator & inspiring mentor
I am fairly straightforward. There is no magic secret to success.
In each session, I work by asking questions. I want my student to take accountability from the very beginning with me, by articulating for themselves their process of answering the test questions. I give direct feedback to them, based on what they say or where they get stumped. I provide them with whatever logistical information they might be missing and field any questions they have. After every single question, I ask them: What surprised you here? What did you learn from this question that you can bring forward with you? I help my students refine their way of thinking and working with themselves.
I require that students commit to taking a full practice test every 2 weeks, if they want to work with me. Progress comes one milestone at a time.
As a teacher, I value accountability, curiosity, and the process. What I have observed, is that people get very scared and dismissive when I start to talk about the process of learning. They start to think that process and product — the score that you want — are mutually exclusive. This is not true. As a lifelong learner, I have found that focusing and slowing down to observe my own process of learning has helped me grow more quickly and effectively. By letting go of what I think I need, I give myself space to actually get there.
🌟 EXCEPTIONAL LEARNING EXPERT 🌟
👩🏫 MY TEACHING STYLE ⚡️☀️
• Warm & direct
• Engaging and efficient
• Intuitive, empathetic and incisive
📖 What book am I reading this month?
Culture Map by Erin Meyer
✅📈📊SEE REVIEWS & PHOTOS FOR MY RESULTS
Some brief examples of my success:
My student, Lily, scored 100 points higher on the math section after working with me for one month and broke into the 1300s so she could get into her dream school, University of Denver.
My student, Jackson, scored a 34 in English on the ACT out of 36.
My student, Isabella, scored a perfect 36 on English, and she had special accommodations for her dyslexia.
My student, Brianna, spent 4 hours with me and raised her reading and writing score from a 740 to a 770, superscoring to a 1570.
My all-around students — on average — score 150 points higher on the SAT after 6-8 sessions with me. Students who have committed to a weekly program have seen increases of 250+ points. My last ACT student was dyslexic (her superpower) and scored a 36 on her ACT English and a 34 on her ACT Writing.
📚TEST PREP JOURNEY📚
• completely personalized curriculum based off a diagnostic test + teaching approach (all students learn differently & I am a pro at communicating the way my student needs in order to learn.)
• unique & specific strategies, tips & tricks that helped me ace the test — my teaching is NOT just a regurgitation of the generalized recommendations from Princeton Review, etc (if you know, you know!)
• all testing materials
COLLEGE COUNSELING — MY STUDENTS HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO:
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON MADISON (UWM)
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON SEATTLE (UWS)
UC SANTA BARBARA (UCSB)
UC IRVINE (UCI)
UC BERKELEY (UCB)
UC SAN DIEGO (UCSD)
UC DAVIS (UCD)
UC RIVERSIDE (UCR)
PACIFIC STATE UNIVERSITY (PSU)
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS URBANA-CHAMPAIGN (UIUC)
UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO
UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
🇬🇧 U.K. 🇬🇧 ACCEPTANCES
🇨🇦 CANADA 🇨🇦 ACCEPTANCES
🍁 UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA (UBC)
🍁 UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
HOW SESSIONS WORK
• I offer 60 and 90-minute sessions. For test prep, 90-minute sessions twice a week (in addition to committed study time on their own) is the optimal blend of focus and content.
• If you successfully refer another student to me (3+ sessions), you get your next session for FREE!
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
Reach out today to set up your first session with me.