How much does it cost to have your furnace serviced?
When your furnace isn’t regularly serviced it can operate less efficiently. This increases your energy bills and also prevents your furnace from keeping your home as warm as you like. Keep your furnace properly maintained with regular service. The national average furnace service cost is between $60 and $80. Companies may offer tuneup specials that cover all the necessary testing, tightening, measuring and cleaning to keep your equipment running at top efficiency. If you have a newer system, furnace service costs may be covered by your warranty. Outside of warranty, a basic tuneup might start at $58 and a more advanced maintenance cleaning could be over $120. Here are some signs your furnace may need service:
- The furnace has stopped functioning entirely.
- The temperature cannot be regulated.
- Rooms in the home are either too hot or too cold.
- The heated air coming from the furnace smells like gas.
- The thermostat isn’t working.
- Strange noises are coming from the furnace.