What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?
Pricing per item is standardized. Discounts / Special pricing may apply on a case by case basis.
Send an email for a Price List to: hello [at] diamondsonic [dot] com
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
1 - Connect to determine needs / scope of work
2 - Submit Initial Quote
3 - Communicate with client to discuss Quote
4 - Upon approval of Quote, submit Contract for Signature
5 - Secure 50% deposit to confirm work
6 - Perform site visit to determine venue needs
7 - Receive master schedule / run of show from client
8 - Arrive to venue day of event for setup
9 - Run event
10 - Breakdown
11 - Connect with client post - event to discuss run of show
12 - Keep in touch to work together in the future
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Digital Audio Degree (Sound Engineering)
How did you get started doing this type of work?
I've been DJ'ing since I was 16 years old. My first job running live sound was when I was 14. This is something I've quite literally been doing all my life.
What types of customers have you worked with?
Our most common jobs include: Sound System Rental, DJ Services and Audio Engineering. We do everything from high end corporate events to small private parties, weddings and family events. No job is too big or small, we are very flexible and happy to bring the highest level of service to all of our clients.
Describe a recent project you are fond of. How long did it take?
I recently had the distinct pleasure of working on a non-profit event to raise money for contributions to various medical fields to aid in the treatment, care and research for serious diseases. The event had multiple aspects including a 5k race, DJ & Music, as well as a Yoga area that required sound and microphones. Being able to not only work in a field that I love, but also help to raise money to strengthen our community, was a double win!! Side note - we are happy to offer non-profit discounts!
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
Make sure to go with a company that has a proven history of reliability and quality. Checking the Client reviews, inquiring about the quality of equipment and receiving a fair quote in a prompt and timely manner are all important factors! Make sure the provider has a solid website and can prove that they take their job seriously. If you are inquiring about a DJ, seek audio examples of their work!
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
• Always make sure your vendor has Insurance (Liability) and can provide you with a custom certificate for the date and location of your event.
• Always make sure your vendor has Workers Comp coverage as well - many venues require this before they will let your vendor step foot on their premises
• Always make sure to thoroughly communicate music requests in advance - especially if the DJ may need to download any music ahead of time
• Always make sure to setup a site visit whenever possible, to meet with the DJ and make a plan for placement and schedule ahead of time
• Always make a detailed run of show - and submit it to all your vendors in advance so everyone is on the same page
• Always make a floorplan with detailed placement of sound, lighting, catering, bar, tables, dancefloor etc
• Always make sure to save your vendors cell phone numbers into your contacts well in advance of the big day!
• Always have fun, and smile! :)