Family law matters have deeply personal and lifelong implications for every individual associated with them.
At the Law Office Of Heather M. Cullen, we represent family members at a time of turmoil and high emotional stress in Inland Empire. We see our role as that of a guide, helping our clients through the legal steps in a difficult and usually painful process.
We offer high-quality personal legal representation in cases of divorce, legal separation, and domestic partnerships and all associated matters such as property division, child custody, child and spousal support. For more information about our firm and our family law practice, contact our Riverside law office.
Our firm utilizes the services of our skilled legal team including staff attorneys, paralegals, and researchers. By utilizing different staff sources, we are able to keep client costs reasonable and speed up the resolution of your case. Additionally, we have the support of a sophisticated computerized case and records management system, which also reduces client costs.
Our work is fast, fair, and thorough. We seek to reduce the financial and emotional toll of divorce, termination of domestic partnerships, legal separation and child custody proceedings through out-of-court settlements when possible. An out-of-court settlement is usually in the best interests of the client, because it limits expenses and the stress connected with attending court. However, in some cases, court is necessary. Nevertheless, we provide strong advocacy on your behalf at every stage up to and including trial when necessary.
We provide strong advocacy for clients in settlement discussions and at trial.
Additionally, our office is experienced in representing clients who do not reside locally and cannot always appear personally to handle each issue of his or her family law matter.
In those cases, our law firm enables our out-of-area clients to maintain an effective case, while remaining in their home area by using telephone, fax, email, and overnight mail to communicate and resolve issues.
Further, it is common for our out-of-area clients to appear by telephone in a family law hearing, while an attorney from our firm appears in person to represent the party's interest. If this is an option that you are interested in, please discuss it with one of our attorneys during your consultation.
Throughout our representation of each client, we take the time to get to know you, understand your unique set of circumstances, help you identify your goals, and offer sound legal advice with regard to your best options. We invite you to contact our riverside office today to discuss your concerns.
We offer high-quality and personal representation in the following matters:
* divorce and dissolution:
- Our lawyers work to minimize the stress and turmoil of a divorce, especially when children are involved.
* child custody and visitation:
- We help clients resolve custody and visitation disputes, resulting in orders that represent the best interest of the child or children.
* termination of domestic partnerships:
- The breakup of a domestic partnership has most of the same issues as those involved in a divorce.
* contested vs. uncontested divorce
- Many of the most difficult and expensive aspects of divorce disappear if the parties agree. We focus on making this happen. When it cannot, we handle a contested divorce, taking it to trial when necessary.
* military divorce:
- Special rules may apply in family law matters when a party is on active duty in the military. We handle military divorces for members of the armed services and their spouses.
* property rights either simple and complex:
- We use our extensive knowledge of California law to make sure our client is treated fairly in the division of community property.
* property settlements:
- We represent our clients effectively during any divorce property settlement negotiations.
* business valuation and business controllable cash flow:
- As part of the division of property in a divorce, any businesses must be properly evaluated including any business cash flow.
* spousal support or alimony:
- Our law firm has the experience to protect our clients in determining temporary and permanent spousal support.
* child support:
- We represent clients seeking fair resolution of support disputes including both initial and permanent support orders.
* wage assignments or collections of support:
- Our office assists in the creation, modification and termination of wage assignments.
* parental rights or paternity:
- establishing parental relationships, often referred to as paternity, creates a legal relationship between a parent and a child. It also confers all legal rights and responsibilities of parenthood.
* modifications of custody and support:
- When there is a substantial change in circumstances by one of the parties, the court can change or modify the current custody and support orders.
* parental relocation or move-away:
- We help parents both pursue and defend relocation petitions.
* parental alienation:
- If you feel you are being alienated from your child, we will seek having your rights as a parent justly restored.
- We can provide you with skilled guidance on how to obtain a guardianship and the proper procedures.
* grandparents' rights:
- Under California laws, grandparents can petition for visitation rights. However, recent case law has made this difficult. We can help.
* stepparent adoptions:
- We are knowledgeable in local stepparent adoption laws and help represent you.
* domestic violence:
- Domestic violence is not just between husbands and wives. It is used to describe violence between domestic partners, parents and children, siblings, and in dating relationships.
Contact us today. We are available to assist in both our Riverside and Temecula offices.
Effective representation in family law matters requires a thorough understanding of the law and the ability to respond to families in crisis. We invite you to contact our office today for a confidential consultation with one of our attorneys.