"After another electrician blew me off for nearly a week with excuses, then informed me that he couldn't make it over for nearly another week. I contacted Mikhail at SOS Electric, and was very grateful when he offered to come right over to troubleshoot the problem and fix it despite it being around 8:30 at night.
I had lost all power to the 2nd floor of my house after a space heater I'd bought had been plugged in for an hour or so. The 2nd floor is where the bedrooms, master bathroom, and office is, as well as where I keep one of my cockatiels ("my little girl"), so, it was very inconvenient to not have any power at all for those rooms. Although I can do basic electrical work, like installing outlets, light fixtures, and so on, this was beyond my level of ability to troubleshoot and fix.
Mikhail arrived very quickly, and after a short time investigating, found a problem with the wiring within the breaker box, which had caused one of the wires to overheat and actually melt. He was able to strip and reattach what remained of that wire, which restored the power to the 2nd floor again.
During the course of trying to troubleshoot the problem myself, I had noticed that one of the 15 amp breakers was actually feeding two lines, which should never be done, and which I certainly wasn't comfortable with. I was planning on converting a 240v outlet on the first floor to 120v which would allow me to put one of those lines on a dedicated 15 amp circuit of it's own. I had already bought the breakers to take care of that, so I thought I'd just ask Mikhail if he would do the conversion for me while he was here, which he did. So, that resolved a 2nd problem that I had, which relieved another safety issue, and would help make any troubleshooting easier in the future.
Additionally, during my investigation about the breakers and wiring in my house, I discovered that the company that made my breakers and panel (Federal Pacific Electric) is no longer in business, being sued for failures of their products and the damage caused by them. Houses are not even allowed to be sold that have electrical panels by this company anymore, and are required to have them converted to a different manufacturers panel for safety reasons. I asked if Mikhail could do the job, and what it might cost, and was given a very reasonable quote.
So, I not only got the immediate problem fixed promptly (the same evening I contacted him), but I got the outlet I had wanted converted switched over, and got a price quote to replace the electrical panel that until only days ago I had no idea was even a problem at all.
Mikhail was prompt, friendly, and professional; very easy to talk to and work with; and the entire job from start to finish (including the additional outlet conversion) only took about an hour total. The job was very reasonably priced as well.
I would certainly recommend Mikhail to anyone needing to get any kind of electrical work done, as I don't think you will find anyone with better quality work, or who will do the job for a more reasonable rate."