Introduction: I’ve made a career out of doing what I love, and thats a bit of everything (lol - see below):
- I graduated high school at the top of my class at age 16.
- As an undergrad I double majored in accounting and economics while taking med school prerequisite science classes to keep the option of going to medical school open to me. I took the MCAT and scored in the 95th percentile but ultimately decided med school wasn’t my path. I minored in Spanish. I was also in the honors program which requires students to complete a thesis senior year, so I have a lot of experience with statistical analysis and modeling, as well as with writing long formal research papers.
- From undergrad at Penn State I went on to obtain a masters degree in biomedical sciences. I then worked in healthcare consulting before going back to school to get a masters in business administration.
- I obtained my CPA license in 2016 and worked in financial accounting from 2016 to 2019. I was the controller for the fastest growing start-up in Philadelphia, gopuff, a company which has reinvented the convenience store and completely reimagined food delivery. I was essentially responsible for building the company’s accounting department from scratch. I also prepared board meeting presentations and worked with the founders of the company to secure investments from angel investors and venture capitalists. I was responsible for securing an
8-figure investment from a venture capital firm valuing the company at $1 billion, officially making gopuff a “unicorn.” I also worked to secure an investment from Softbank’s famous Vision Fund. Gopuff now has a nationwide footprint and is preparing for an IPO.
- I am currently working on my PhD in education and will have that completed in the spring of 2023.
About me and my journey to Thumbtack:
My whole life I have strived for academic excellence: I was valedictorian of my high school class, an honors student and scholarship awardee at Penn State, and I graduated third in my class for my masters degree in biomedical science. In 2019, after doing some volunteer tutoring, I realized I had the skills and expertise to help students from all walks of life in a variety of subjects and that I had a previously undetected desire to teach So I decided to start a business offering my services. I combined these tutoring services with services I knew I was qualified to offer based on my career and education to create A 2 Zitomer (A 2 Z) Consulting. Although ver new toThumbtack I have thoroughly enjoyed using it to meet and connect with all sorts of interesting clients from all over the country with a vast variety of needs.
I offer tutoring in
- Pre-algebra, algebra, and trigonometry
-Spanish (I minored in Spanish in college and spent a year in Mexico immersed in the language)
- SAT II
I work with each of my students individually to develop a customized plan of attack tailor made to suit their needs. My students are my top priority and their mastery of the subject matter is what I strive for. I never let a student complete a session without feeling confident in the material. If necessary and if my schedule permits, I will always offer extra time, free of charge, until that goal is accomplished.
Although I started my company to offer tutoring services, I quickly adapted it to serve clients with all types of needs for which I was suited to help. I am an experienced accountant and life coach. I offer a variety of services related to business, personal finance, and wellness. These include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support
- Accounting manager/Business Manager
- Personal Financial Planning
- Personal and small business tax services
- Life Coach
- Health & Wellness Coach
- Furniture assembly
- Pet care
- Cleaning services
- College Prep counseling
- English as a second language