Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. As you compare services, look for a company that has been in business since before the economic boom of 2004, and still is in business. Look to get a disc with all hi-res images without watermarks, and make sure you get a copyright release. Also ask about print prices to make sure they are not too outrageous.
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. I would want the photographer to be discrete and professional, kind and positive towards guest. I wish I knew about all the beautiful albums available today!
Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
A. • When meeting with photographers, make sure to view albums of entire weddings, not just “best
• If booking through an agency, make sure you get the photographer who’s work you have seen
• Make sure photographer brings backup equipment
• Make sure photographer welcomes your input and ideas
• Consider taking some (if not all) formal photos before the ceremony to allow for more time for
fun candids afterwards, or for couple to join cocktail hour
• Make sure you like photographer's personality, they will be a part of your wedding day.
Q. What important information should buyers have thought through before seeking you out?
A. How long coverage do you need?
Do you want any books?
Would you like an Engagement shoot, and any sign-in books or save-the-date cards?
Would you like "getting ready" shots?