Introduction: Each session is unique and will unfold in an organic way. We'll create your session together based on who you are and what you'd like to get from the experience, whether it's beautiful wall art, a custom photo book, loose prints or digital files. I have a laid back shooting style that will put you at ease and we'll go with the flow. My hope is to create beautiful, timeless images that you and your family will cherish for a lifetime.
There are a number of great photographers out there, so I realize it's hard to choose the perfect photographer for you and your family. Maybe this list will help you decide if I'm the right one for you.
- I believe you're beautiful just the way you are. Do you feel most comfortable in ripped up jeans and a concert tee? Then I implore you to wear that to be photographed. Wear whatever makes you feel like....you, whether it's jeans, a dress, a suit, lederhosen or a tutu. Lets get some images of the real you.
- If you have a conceptualized shoot dancing around in your head you'd love to have that fits my style of photography, please don't be shy about it. Let's discuss and see if it's doable! I'm always up for different, creative endeavors.
- Nature is not only beautiful, but it does a body (and mind) good. Lets get outside and shoot if at all possible.
- Light. Glorious, glorious light. It's the number one most important thing in photography, besides yourself of course! Nothing makes a more radiant photograph than having beautiful light. The best time for great light is early morning (a cooler light) and the time before sunset (a warmer light.) I set up my shoots around these two times.
- Take a nice long look through my portfolio before deciding if I'm the one for you. The type of images you'll see is how I shoot. If you want dramatic studio lighting or themed shoots, I may not be the right choice. What I will give you however, are soulful, organic, genuine images, and they will be beautiful. I promise you.
- I won't elaborately photoshop you. I'm sorry, but as I said above, I think you look great just the way you are. Perfection is not achieved through photoshop. You're perfect just the way you are. Having said that, I'm now going to contradict myself just a bit. I will do very light editing. If it's something that will be gone in a week or two, like a blemish or a skinned forehead, I'll fix that no problem. Skinned knees and bug bites are pretty much a trademark of childhood though. I have an entire project on injuries...yep, I'm a little off and proud of it.
- I think a photo session should be fun and relaxing. No need for it to stress you out at all. I understand it's not ideal and very disconcerting to have a camera in your face, but I promise you, the images will turn out. I genuinely feel your pain. It's hard to let someone in your personal space. Kids not behaving? I have a couple of my own, I know how it goes. Don't let it get to you.
- I'm a very laid back kind of person, so naturally the session will be that way as well. We'll take it moment by moment and go with the flow. It will never be rushed.
- I use all profession grade equipment, Nikon to be exact. I'm fully insured and registered with the state of Illinois.
BEFORE THE SESSION
Once you decide to book a session with me, we'll figure out a date that works best. I'll then send you a digital online contract to sign and a payment request. After both are completed, your session will be booked and your date will be set.
Whether it be wall art, loose prints, coffee table books, or digital files, the goal of our time together is to make beautiful images for you and your family to enjoy. If you like, we'll meet for coffee or discuss over the phone what your goals are for your session. Once we find our vision, the session will develop from there.
No two sessions are ever alike. Each and every one is organic and unfolds as we go along. Yours will be no different. Everyone is different and unique, thus, each session will be as well. I have a very relaxed style of shooting and I promise I'll make it as painless as possible. After meeting at our chosen location, we'll spend about an hour together making beautiful photographs. I say we, because it's a joint endeavor. I can't do it without you because you're the star of the show!
I strive to help you celebrate the special moments in your life, from the quiet ones that go on daily without fanfare to the big, emotional, important moments that change your life forever and everything in between.
I focus on family, baby, and engagement portraiture as well as capturing sports/action shots in order to preserve those achievements for a lifetime.