Mr. Jones delivers solidly in every respect.
1. Expertise. He's knowledgeable about his craft. He identified the problems with my mower, corrected them, and performed the additional routine maintenance I requested. Yesterday, I operated my mower for the first time after Mr. Jones repaired it, and, yes, it's a cliche to state that "it runs like it was new"---but the fact is, it did.
2. TImeliness. The time from when Mr. Jones picked up my machine until the time he returned it to me was five days. I defy any franchised mower-repair business to routinely have a faster turn-around time than that.
3. Cost. The repair charges, plus the fee for picking up and delivery, were incredibly economical.
4. Professional ethic. Impeccable. My wife gave me a chuckle after Mr. Jones came to my house in his personal vehicle, picked up my lawn mower, and departed. She said, "You realise that you just gave our lawn mower to a man you never met before, who then put it in his own car and drove away with it." The fact of the matter was that was never a concern. Mr. Jones kept me informed constantly throughout his work, advising me of when he would arrive, what he found wrong with the machine, what he did to fix it, what the charges would be, and when he would bring it back---and completely delivered in everything he said. He is professional and trustworthy.
5. Personable. Now, if a service provider is top-notch in the first four areas above, then how nice a guy he is really doesn't matter. But Mr. Jones is also pleasant and cordial. I'm not a fellow who readily takes to people, but it was, personally, a pleasure to meet him.
To anyone who needs repair of his lawn mower, or anything else that falls under Mr. Jones's repair skills, I recommend him most strongly.