How much do hair extensions cost?
Hair extensions are synthetic or real human hair integrations that add volume and length to your hair. Hairstylists are trained in different techniques to attach extensions to your hair. The cost of extensions can vary greatly depending on the technique used to apply the hair, as well as the type of hair you select. Synthetic hair is typically the least expensive, human hair is next on the pricing scale, remy hair is next, and what is called “virgin” human hair is generally the most sought-after and most expensive. Remy hair signifies that all the cuticles are intact and running in the same direction, making for smoother hair extensions in the long term. Hair is deemed virgin when all the hair is from one donor and has never undergone any chemical processing. Hair prices will vary from company to company; here are some examples of hair from online retailers.
- Virgin strands (25 strands weighing approximately 1 gram each) for hot fusion application: $44 per bundle.
- Virgin hair weave (approximately 4 ounces per package): $149 each.
Here are some sample application costs from hairstylists.
- Full sew-in: $175-$200 or more.
- Partial sew-in: $125 or more.
- Micro-link weft extensions: $300 or more.
- Full-bonded extensions: $75 or more.