How much does it cost to remove wallpaper in a room?
The national wallpaper removal cost averages $360-$560, which will typically include multiple rooms. Pros often charge by the square foot to remove egregious wallpaper that is long past its prime. Wallpaper removal cost may range anywhere from 60 cents to $1.50 or more per square foot. A pro may estimate removal costs ranging between $160 and $300 for a medium-sized room. Costs can vary due to ceiling height, and some pros add a skim coat to make repainting or re-papering smoother. Here are some examples of average costs to remove wallpaper:
- Foyer: 36-120 square feet, $21.60-$180.
- Powder room: 16-36 square feet, $9.60-$54.
- Living or dining room: 120-252 square feet, $72-$378.
- Family room: 192-384 square feet, $115.20-$576.
- Bedroom: 100-224 square feet, $60-$336.
- Guest bath: 45-84 square feet, $27-$126.
- Master bedroom: 168-384 square feet, $100.80-$576.
- Master bath: 54-160 square feet, $32.40-$240.
Once the old wallpaper is gone, the average cost to install new wallpaper is $240-$350.