How much should cat grooming cost?
Keeping your cat groomed is an important part of maintaining their good health. The national average cost for cat grooming ranges between $50 and $70, with prices varying based on where you live and the services you request. Your cat’s temperament can also affect grooming prices. Scratching and hissing during a groomer visit can raise rates an average of $5-$10, or more, as hazard pay. Larger cats and long-haired cats that take longer to groom will also usually cost more. Here are some examples of cat grooming average costs:
- Shave down or lion cut: $35-$60. These cuts preserve the hair around the face and tip of the tail but shave down the entire body. The lion cut is often recommended for extremely matted hair is exceedingly matted, for extreme heat, or for cats who are suffering from hairballs.
- Ear cleaning and nail trim: $30.
- Nail trim: $10-$15.
- Bath and nail trim: $45.
- Bath and sanitary trim: $55. A sanitary trim clips the hair on a cat’s behind to prevent fecal matting in longhair cats or cats that have mobility issues.
- Bath, blow-dry, brush out, nail trim and ear cleaning: $40.
- Full haircut, bath, and nail trim: $45-$95, depending on matting.