Changing Lives ATA Martial Arts positively impacts the local communities of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, Virginia.
We are teaching martial arts in a local community, where students can be positively affected by the impact of Sr. Master Thomas' nationally recognized martial arts teaching systems.
What we offer:
1. Change a life: Enroll your child in a karate, taekwondo, and mixed martial arts school in Chesapeake, and an ATA martial arts academy in Virginia Beach that teaches strong life skills and character developmental skills.
2. Top fuel for Chesapeake and Virginia Beach students: We provide and maintain balanced meals and diet to fuel a young and active child.
3. Know your child: What are his/her attributes and qualities? Try out a martial arts class and take part of your child's learning curves.
4. Allergies: Remove annoying allergens from the diet.
5. Physical movement: Find time to stay active and know how much time is needed to burn off that energy. ATA nationally certified changing lives martial arts chief instructor, Mr. Lathe Craft, a 3rd degree black belt and one of the highest ranking students of senior master Thomas, states students obtain physical fitness and self-control through their martial arts training.
6. Down time: Limit television and video games.
7. Music: Utilize background music to calm and have them learn to play an instrument.
8. Education: We provide strong mental and physical education programs that utilize techniques that work for your child.
9. Timing: When is your child best "learning time?"
10. Role models: We provide strong "role models" for your child. Parents of martial arts students enjoy having their children look up to their instructors as role models and for guidance.
11. Excessive energy: Channel energy in the right direction; find that "special" physical activity they're good at, and no bench sitting.
12. Goals: Focus on short-term goals and activities to keep your child focused.
13. Perception: Does your child perceive that his/her parents hold a positive image of him/her? This is an important one. Do they feel, "I can't ever do this right," or "I can never please them?"
14. Tasks-routines-learning: Utilize the visual aspect of learning with a "hands on" approach. Let them "see and touch" while learning. Simple flow charts and diagrams that they help create will help them stay on task. Utilize "incidental learning techniques."
15. Leader: Yes! Your child can be a leader. Let your child lead another younger child and feel important. This is done many times in a Changing Lives ATA martial arts school to positively correct a behavioral concern.
16. Communication: Utilize effective communication. This means we want to find what clicks for our children when communicating. Raising one's voice, yelling, or screaming will cause a child to shut down and become a non-listener.
17. Therapy: There are many types of therapy; research all your avenues. Remember, it's alright to ask for help.
18. Family time: Family time is important, and knowing one has support in a caring and loving environment. Spend quality time with your child; pick a day each week that is a family day. Let your child assist in the decision-making process as to what the family will do on family day.
19. Family martial arts: Our karate, tae kwon do and mixed martial arts school believe in utilizing "positive life skills" and "positive character developmental skills" that assist parents and their children on strengthening their abilities in all aspects of their lives. Senior master Thomas states: "ATA martial arts instructors aren't doctors, but we truly believe, and have seen time and time again, that children and adults can reduce, and in many cases, no longer need the medication prescribed for ADD/ADHD. It's about trying multiple options, and there are many out there."
20. Parent education: Parents, please study hard and research the various options for your children. Ask your instructor if there is something more they can do to help. Many times, there is a small positive reward that can be announced in class for a positive action or accomplishment. Please remember, you aren't in this alone, and there are numerous amounts of people who can help.