Can I hire someone to organize my house?
Yes, you can hire a professional home organizer to help you get your house in order.
How much do professional organizers charge?
How much do professional organizers charge per hour?
Organizers charge anywhere from $30-$130 per hour for their services. Most clients pay an average of $50-$60 an hour.
Do professional organizers clean?
Some professional organizers may offer cleaning services, including move-out cleaning and deep cleaning. Before you hire an organizer, ask them to provide a full list of their services, along with the price for each offering.
Do house cleaners offer remote or virtual services?
House cleaning is generally done in person, but some may be willing to offer remote services. If you find a house cleaner’s profile that states they’re offering remote services, contact the pro to talk about your options.
If you’d rather hire a house cleaner to clean your home when the pandemic is over, you may be able to book an appointment at a later date. Start by comparing local house cleaners in your area side-by-side.
How much does it cost to deep clean a house?
Deep cleaning a house goes beyond the surface level to clear out the dust, grime and gunk that’s collecting on the fan blades, hiding in the blinds, and built up inside the refrigerator drawers. Deep cleaning of a home or apartment costs more than regular house cleaning because it takes more time, effort, and cleaning products. You may choose to have a deep cleaning once or several times a year in addition to your standard cleaning services. You may have a one-time deep cleaning to prepare for company or to clean after a house party. Companies may charge an hourly rate or a price per square foot, or may offer you a flat rate after they have visited your home and estimated work time. The national average house cleaning price is $110-$150, with rates ranging higher for deep-cleaning services. Here are some examples of how a company may calculate their deep-cleaning prices:
- 10 cents per square foot (compared with 5 cents per square foot for standard house cleaning).
- $300 for a 3,000-square-foot home.
- $25 per hour per worker for deep-cleaning services.
What should I ask a house cleaner or maid before hiring them?
There are many questions to ask a cleaning service before you hire them to make sure they’re the right fit. These questions might include:
- How much do you charge?
- How do you set your prices -- per hour or per square foot? Or, do you charge a flat rate?
- What is your past work experience? Can I see a list of references?
- Are you accustomed to working with different home or apartment types and sizes?
- Can you work with children or pets in the house?
- What types of cleaning products do you use?
- Do you bring your own cleaning supplies and products?
- How often can you clean my home?
- Is there anything you recommend I do (or don't do) to my home before you arrive?
For more tips on how to hire the best maid or house cleaning service, read our smart hiring guide.
What is included in a deep house cleaning vs. a basic house cleaning?
A basic house cleaning typically includes tasks like carpet cleaning, wiping countertops, taking out the trash, doing the laundry and washing dishes. A deep house cleaning is a much more involved process, where all aspects of the home are given full attention for a cleanout. In a deep house cleaning, the cleaners will wet-wipe everything from door frames to light switch plates, making sure to also clean walls, windows, air vents, ceiling fans, furniture and more.
Why should I hire a professional organizer?
Here are a few reasons why you should hire a professional organizer for your home or office:
- They have the skills and experience to organize your home.
- They can teach you how to become a better organizer.
- If you don’t have free time, they can organize your home quicker than you.
When they’re done organizing and decluttering your home, you may feel a sense of relief and less overwhelmed.
What is the fastest way to purge clutter?
The fastest way to purge clutter is to hire a junk removal service — especially if you have big or many items you need to get rid of. By hiring a junk removal company on Thumbtack, you can schedule a day and time for them to pick up all of your clutter.