How do I hire the best fence professional in Phoenix?
To find the best fence professional in Phoenix, start your search with an online query. This provides quick access to pro ratings, customer reviews and even photographs of actual work done by fence professionals in Phoenix.
Contractors are regulated through the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, so ensure that anyone you hire has proof of certification. The final step is to compare quotes among different contractors in Phoenix to decide on the best fit.
How much does brick repair cost?
On average, brick repairs will cost you around $500, with a range of between $350 and $600. However, be aware that a number of factors will have a large influence on this cost. First is the severity of the problem. Some brick repairs are as simple as applying new mortar — others require removing the brick entirely and fixing the substrate. If budget is a concern, contact several brick masons for cost estimates to find the best price in your area.
How much does it cost to fix a fence?
The average cost of fence repairs is around $250, with most homeowners paying anywhere between $200 and $300. Fence repairs have a wide range of potential costs, however, ranging from $50 to as much as $1,443. The cost of your fence repair project depends on multiple factors, including where you live, what type of repair you need, the terrain and the fence materials used.
Contact several fence repair professionals near you to get an accurate cost estimate for your fence.
How much does it cost to fix a gate?
Gates can be more expensive to fix than other parts of a fence, and there are several reasons for this. The first is that gates are the only moving parts on a fence — hence they have more components that can wear out, as well as friction and the potential for rusting and sagging. Fixing a gate may require a total replacement or simply replacing certain components like hinges. Sometimes, the repair may involve fixing the surrounding fence.
Contact several gate repair professionals near you to get an accurate cost estimate for your gate.
Why does my gate sag?
A gate can sag for a number of reasons. One common reason is that the screws holding the hinges in the wood or other post material have come loose, causing gravity to pull the fence down. Another common problem is the gate post’s lack of stability. Posts can become loose and start to lean, or if they are wooden, they can even rot at the point where they meet the ground.
Should I repair or replace my fence?
Fence repair is better for common problems that only affect small areas, such as a broken picket or a shifting fence post. However, there is a rule of thumb to follow: If the repair project requires replacing 20% or more of your fence, it’s probably time to replace the whole fence. The exception to this rule is if the fence is fairly new and just part of it is damaged.
What are some common fence repairs?
The most common fence repairs are aimed at fixing:
- Missing boards or slats. This is a common problem with wood fences.
- Fence material corrosion. This occurs on metal fences like chain link and iron.
- A sagging gate. This could result from a tilting fence post or loose hinges.
- Post movement. Typically, this is caused by frost, corrosion or water.
- Stains. Moisture and other elements can stain fencing, which may require a professional to remove it.
- Warping. Warped, curled, cupped or bent boards are unsightly and less effective and need to be replaced.
If you notice any of the above issues with your fence, reach out to fence repair professionals near you to start getting cost estimates and schedule an appointment.
Who installs fences?
Fencing contractors are the best choice when you want to have a fence installed on your property. While there are several types of professionals who can likely handle this service — including handymen, landscapers and general contractors — a fencing contractor has the experience to know what could cause potential problems in the long run. This might include wet spots, vegetation or other issues with the land.
When choosing a professional to install a fence on your property, make sure they have credentials and experience.
How much does it cost to install a wood fence?
Help define your property line, protect your home and yard, and boost your curb appeal with a new wood fence. The national average for wood fence installation cost is $3,250. Wood fence installation costs will vary based on your geographic location, the type of wood you select, the height and style of wood fence you desire, and the condition of your property. Pressure-treated pine is a common and attractive choice that is usually resilient against rot and bugs. Cedar is another budget-friendly option that, although more expensive than pressure-treated pine, can be more affordable than redwood or teak. A wood fence requires maintenance to ensure its long-term health and beauty, so keep future staining and painting costs in mind when you’re calculating fence installation costs. Here are some examples of how height and material affect the approximate cost of wood fences:
- 6-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence: $15-$17 per linear foot.
- 4-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence: $13-$20 per linear foot.
- Cedar fence: $18-$25 per linear foot.
- 6-foot-high, double-sided (meaning both sides are uniform), pressure-treated pine fence with 6x6 posts: $25 per linear foot.
- 12-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence with custom detailing: $75 per linear foot.
- 6-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence with a custom lattice top: $30-$50 per linear foot.
How much does it cost to install a fence gate?
Adding a gate to your fence can be a practical way to provide access to a yard, work area or outdoor living space while ensuring safety and privacy. Gate installation costs will vary based on the gate material you select, the size of your gate, whether you install a fence at the same time, and any special features you’d like to add. Standard opening size for a single-wide gate is 4 feet; a double-wide gate is 8 feet. A small gate may be for decoration; a double-wide gate can be mounted on a rolling caster system to allow access for cars or wide loads. Here are some examples of average fence gate installation costs:
- 4-foot, single-swing chain-link gate: $100 for materials and installation costs.
- 28-foot wheeled chain-link gate on a caster system: $800-$1,000 for materials and installation costs.
- 4-foot, single-swing wood gate: $75.
- 8-foot double-wide wood gate: $150.
- 4-foot white vinyl walk-through gate: $300–$400 for materials and installation costs.
- 8-foot, double-wide white vinyl gate: about $800 for materials and installation costs.
- White vinyl gate fence more than 8 feet wide: $1,200-$1,500 for materials and installation.
- Arched black powder-coated aluminum pool gates: $175-$200 per gate.