I have high standards for how I care for animals--I take my time at each visit to ensure all pets have their needs met to keep them happy and healthy. I double check everything including home care instructions. I also make sure to give pets lots of loving personal attention. Pet owners will receive updates about their pets' activities and well-being as frequently as they instruct at the consultation.
Pet health and safety are the most important aspects of caring for someone else's best friend. Sure, I give them cuddles and talk to them, but the main objective is to keep them safe and be there for them in case of emergency. I review my Red Cross training frequently, carry a first aid kit, and have good common sense.
Funny you should ask! I just recently made a top 25 list for fun of reasons I love pet sitting more than any other career. Here are a few:
1. When I talk about work, it’s not complaining. I go on and on in the same manner, but nothing is negative. I’m surprised I have the need to talk about my day extensively when it’s all about the great time I had.
2. I spend time with animals! I open the door and someone is excited about going out for a walk and I feel the same way. Let’s go! That is the best feeling one can have at work, in my experience.
3. Sometimes I make a good human friend. Who knew? We can talk about all kinds of subjects that aren’t pets.
4. I help—sometimes more than I plan. I’m human in charge and the pets come first. That’s why we are here, with our thumbs and big brains.
5. Sometimes I get to be out in nature, like in Elysian park. Dogs are the best company on a hike.
6. I am 100% sure this line of work is ethical. If there are grey areas in pet sitting, I haven't found them.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Email verified
- Twitter verified
- Address verified