Interventions for exceptional students, ages 8 through adult, their families, and their teachers
...or those just seeking exceptional assistance.
Educational services offered:
* Academic Support:
-- Mathematics (arithmetic through differential equations)
-- Science (all middle & high school sciences, through first year collegiate biology & chemistry, and second year collegiate physics)
-- Writing & Reading Comprehension
* Standardized Test Prep (including the SAT I & II, ACT, most AP math & science exams, NY & CT state testing, and professional post-college exams like Praxis, LSAT, GRE)
* Study, Classroom, and Collegiate Learning Skills (including self-advocacy and planning)
* Advocacy & Communication Assistance (helping you help your child)
* Personalized Homeschool Curriculum
* Workshops for Parents and Educators
* Consultations with Psychologists (re: placement and IEP recommendations)
Location is flexible. It can be done in your home, your school (with the school's explicit permission), a local library or cafe, etc.
I also offer virtual tutoring (using webcams, internet-linked computers, scanners or just phone cameras, and free programs) as a great additional option for test prep, tutoring in subjects other than math, or emergency help.
I hold a B.A. in Mathematics with a Physics minor, and Master of Science degrees in Mathematics Education and in Teaching Students with Disabilities, in middle childhood and adolescence, including graduate coursework in neuropsychology.
I hold the following teaching certifications:
* Mathematics, gr. 7-12, permanent certification (NY)
* Mathematics, gr. 5-6, permanent certification extension (NY)
* Students with Disabilities, specializing in Math, gr. 7-12, professional certification (NY)
* Students with Disabilities, specializing in Math, gr. 5-9, professional certification (NY)
* Mathematics, gr. 7-12, advanced professional certification (MD)
* Gen. Special Education, 6-adult, advanced professional certification (MD)
(Connecticut certifications pending in mathematics gr. 7-12 & 4-8, and comprehensive special education)