Renting a luxury car for an event can be easy. Executive car rental companies provide set rates and package options based on the time of day, the type of car, and the length of time for the rental. A Bentley on a Saturday night will definitely cost more than a stretch Lincoln on a Thursday afternoon, so consider vehicle type and day if you’re concerned about budget. Typically when you rent a luxury car for an event, you are also hiring a chauffeur to drive. If not, you can rent a luxury car through standard car rental companies. For chauffeur-driven executive car rentals, make sure you have a clearly outlined contract to help avoid any potential problems.
Once you have decided on the type of car you want and the length of the rental, review your written contract carefully before paying a deposit. Confirm the price and check to see whether booking fees, tax, gas and surcharges are included. If they’re not, go back and renegotiate to make sure everything is in writing. If driver gratuity is not included in the total, be sure to set aside cash to tip driver at the end of the night; 15 percent to 20 percent is standard if they’ve done a good job. Another way to know upfront what to expect is to request photos of the vehicle you are renting. Now, sit back and enjoy the ride.
The best executive car rental depends on your needs. There are many reasons for renting an executive car. You may need a driver to pick up a business colleague from the airport, you may want to bring a group of friends or colleagues to a special event en masse, you may be getting married and want a fancy car to drive you to the reception, or you and the gang may be celebrating and want an executive car to drive you safely from location to location. Executive car rental companies typically have a large fleet of vehicles to accommodate your needs. For business events, a luxury sedan may range from $75 to $150 per hour on average, depending on the make and day. For elegant affairs, stretch limos add a nice touch and may range from $125 to $200 per hour, on average. For a party with your friends, a stretch SUV or Hummer creates a festive atmosphere and typically rents for an $90-$150 per hour, on average. Executive car rentals generally charge for a minimum number of hours to ensure their business costs are covered. Expect longer minimum hours on weekends and prime nights than during weekdays.
Renting a limo is the perfect way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, prom or a bachelorette night out. Nationally, limousine rental prices average $290-$410. Limousine prices can vary greatly depending on where you live, whether it’s a weekday or weekend, whether it’s evening or daytime, how luxurious the limousine is, whether it’s a national holiday, and how long the rental will last. Many limo rental companies require a minimum number of hours to ensure their business costs are met.
The vehicle size will also affect limousine prices. For example, a 10-person limousine may rent for $125 per hour with a four-hour minimum ($500), while a limo bus that seats 20 may rent for 150 per hour with a four-hour minimum ($600). In another part of the country, a standard limousine may rent for $85 per hour with a four-hour minimum ($340). Be sure to plan for driver gratuity in advance. Some companies include a tip for the driver in the total, so read the contract carefully. If they don’t, be prepared to tip 15 percent to 20 percent if the driver has done a good job.
If you’re getting married, celebrating a birthday or going to a dance, executive car rentals help you arrive in style. The national average cost of executive car rental ranges from $210 to $400. Here are some of the things that affect the average cost of executive car rentals:
- Day of the week: Weekdays are usually less expensive than weekends, because demand is lower for services. You might save as much as $100-$300 by planning your event mid-week instead of Saturday night.
- Type of car: The fanciness of the car affects your rental rates. For example, a luxury sedan could cost an average of $225 ($75 per hour, with a three-hour minimum), while a 10-person limousine could cost an average of $500 ($125 per hour, with a four-hour minimum).
- Time of day: Evening rentals typically cost more than daytime rentals. You can save an average of $25-$50 per hour by selecting a daytime rental.
- Length of rental: Rental companies usually charge per hour (often with a minimum number of hours). The longer the rental, the higher the rate.
- Holidays: New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, and Super Bowl Sunday are prime time for luxury car rentals. You’ll pay a premium on these days.
Renting a limo for prom is a nice way to treat your kids and make sure they have a safe and elegant ride for the night. Limousine prices for prom rentals can vary; where you live, the size of the limo, and the luxury of the vehicle will all affect cost. Nationally, limousine rental prices average $290-$410, but rentals are in higher demand on prom night, so costs may be higher. Here are some examples of average limousine prices for prom:
- Prom package with luxury sedan: $400. Includes non-alcoholic beverages in the limo, pickup at multiple locations, drop-off at prom, and drive home after.
- Prom package with SUV: $550.
- Prom package with 10-person limo: $850.
- Prom package with 20-person limo: $1,600.
- Prom package with 20-person party bus: $1,800.
- Prom package with 50-person party bus: $3,500.