It’s free with no obligation to hire
22 years in business
Photos and Videos
54 photos and 13 videos
Prom or school dance,
Hip-hop / Rap,
R&B / soul,
Funk / disco,
EDM / house,
Indian / Bollywood
1. Derrick used Microsoft Access to build a customized database to help me manage a summer youth internship program for 200 high school students. He delivered the product ahead of schedule and provided technical assistance upon request. 2. Derrick created a customized version of his language-building game Talk To Me for our internship program. He then hosted / facilitated the game on our students interview day to help prepare them for their interviews. The overwhelming feedback we got from students was that the game helped them improve their interview skills.Dec 20, 2014
Derrick and I collaborated during the private sale of an Internet domain name. My learning curve for the process was reduced as a result of Derrick's efforts and the sale was successfully completed. Derrick is quite knowledgeable in the information technology arena and his ability to analyze and translate research into useable information for laypersons is exceptional.Feb 17, 2015
1. Derrick built us a custom mapping application that helped us study possible sites for our school & day care ventures. 2. Derrick supported our schools fundraising efforts by researching, developing and delivering 90 proposals and letters of inquiry to viable funding prospects in a span of 60 days. 3. Derrick supported our schools growth helping us to recruit board members. 4. Derrick helped our school analyze and synthesize results from the Northwest Evaluation Association's (NWEA's) Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP) assessment. MAP is a set of computerized adaptive assessments that provide detailed, individualized, actionable performance data about each student's unique academic progress. We quickly and efficiently converted a mountainous volume of results from HPA's Fall, Winter, and Spring MAP administrations into comprehensive, readable summaries using Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables After each quarterly MAP administration, we presented these summaries to HPA's academic stakeholders to help synthesize the results into thoughtful, simple, strategic schoolwide interventions. The success of each quarter's intervention was then measured using results from the subsequent quarterly administration. Derrick delivered data that was easy to interpret, and drove intense and on going dialogue amongst all stakeholders. I was mostly impressed with his hands on and always accessible approach, during all phases of a project. His professionalism is beyond reproach, and I consider his work to be the primary driving force that helped our students "beat the odds!"Dec 7, 2014
- What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?I lead cohorts of computer and data visualization enthusiasts. We meet monthly to teach and learn by sharing our problem-solving experiences with the group.
- How did you get started doing this type of work?My family got the first computer in our hometown in 1984. I have spent the last 30 years learning to use the computer as a faithful employee.
- What types of customers have you worked with?1. Data Visualization 2. Geocoding / Geomapping 3. Software Tutoring (Microsoft Excel / Word, Tableau, ArcGIS, Windows Server 2008 R2, eBay.com, Amazon.com) 4. Public Speaking / Training / Workshops / Seminars 5. Mentoring / Life Coaching 6. Mediation & Conflict Resolution 7. Character Development 8. Business / Strategic / Technology Planning 9. Ghost, Business, Speech, Song / Lyric, Creative, Expository, and Technical Writing 10. Email List Management / Marketing 11. Online Survey Design 12. Curriculum / Program Design and Implementation 13. Computer Recycling and Refurbishing 14. Film and Music Editing / Production