Generally What Separates BC Business Services, Inc?
We can say many things but we will focus on the primary ones that are most important when it comes to doing your work for you.
1) We are a full-service accounting, bookkeeping & tax preparation firm with clients in multiple jurisdictions. For you, this means:
(a) We have the knowledge and expertise to handle a plethora of issues when it comes to solving problems in payroll related areas.
(b) Statistics show that at least 1 time in every 18 months, there will most likely be some kind of penalty assessed and how this is taken care of will separate good firms from the ones you want to stay away from; and for good reason;
1. Penalties for one problem can be more than what you may pay for the payroll services over the course of the entire year; or even two years.
2. Experienced accountants know how to solve these problems. And if not; to get them more controllable levels;
3. In many cases, though we will not say all, most penalties can be taken care of with a little work involved in abatement of those penalties; and in many cases, though not all, as it will depend primarily on past history, Government agencies will normally reduce or eliminate the penalty that has been charged to the account. This is not uncommon if the company has:
i. not had problems in the past, which of course will depend on time related issues of course; and
ii. if the issues relating to the penalties are not of a normal course of business for the firm or the client for which the penalty may have been assessed in the first place.
What we mean by this is that if there is good cause for why the problem happened and explained in a professional manner, and as soon as the issue is brought to the attention of the Company, then in many cases, taxing agencies will generally reduce or eliminate the penalties or interest that may have been charged on the account; this does not mean that is there is a mistake where additional taxes should have been paid anyway, that such taxes will be ignored and abated by the taxing agency in question. On the contrary, if a tax assessment outlines a problem that a payroll report was not calculated properly or proper withholding taxes were not taken out for example, which results in a higher rate of tax for the return or deposit for example, the business would still of course be obligated under law to pay for those amounts.
In such case this does not take into affect the actual penalties or interest that may have been assessed on the additional taxes or amounts due on the returns or otherwise. Again, in such case, the subject company would still be obligated to pay for that tax, even though a taxing agency may eliminate or reduce the penalties and/or interest on the matters.
4. In the case noted above, if the penalties are not abated or eliminated and are the result of our firms mistake, and we have attempted by all means necessary eliminate or reduce them, we will of course pay for our mistakes and make payment for those penalty or interest amounts.
5. In the case noted above, if the penalties are not abated or eliminated and are the result of a clients mistake, and we have attempted by all means necessary eliminate or reduce them, the subject client will of course be obligated to pay for those penalty or interest amounts.
2) Most payroll firms are not also Accounting Firms. They may know how to do payroll but when it comes to solving problems, they may be lacking in this area of service.
(a) Though a company may have the expertise of dealing with payroll related issues; we have seen in our experience much problem when it comes to dealing with a firm that just specializes in payroll and does not specialize in other related accounting areas.
(b) We have solved many problems relating that were the result of the supposed payroll bureau when it came to issues that resulted in late tax filings and otherwise.
(c) Payroll Bureaus are not generally going to be adept in dealing with matters that are more complex, such as Audit Assistance. Though they may be able to provide the paperwork and necessary documentation when it comes to audits, when it comes down to solving problems relating to that audit, you will most likely have to retain the services of an outside accounting firm to do so. Again, we have solved problems in this area as well.
(d) The above related matters, outlined under this section are virtually eliminated with our company as we are not only a payroll service bureau for client payrolls, but we are a full-service firm who has experience dealing with solving problems and fixing mistakes.
(e) You can piecemeal your work out to 2 or three or even more companies and deal with multiple people, or you can deal with one firm that has experience dealing with all necessary areas of not only Payroll, but Accounting, Tax, Audit, Tax Resolution, Business Set-up and other areas. In the end there is good reason why this makes sense.
(f) You receive reduced rates on other services that you will not get from other companies. We primarily offer our payroll services to clients as a value added service but we do not focus entirely on this area specifically, as other revenue streams are equally important. And, as you can see from our advertisement, Payroll is an area of expertise that we have, but it is just one area among many that we service for various clients.
3) When it comes to many areas of Payroll Services, you must look at the real value added services in the long-run of what you might get from an actual accounting firm.
(a) We can process after-the-fact payrolls for you at anytime.
(b) We can not only provide you with transfer files and spreadsheets that you can use to incorporate into your current accounting program, but we can actually do the work for you.
(c) If you are not sure of how to make the two ends meet when it comes to payroll data that we give you, and how you can use it in your system, we have the expertise as Accounting professionals to do this for you; and make any necessary adjusting journal entries that you might need.
(d) If you want to process your payroll in-house, we can work with you on that and your staff.
(e) If you want to have what we call a life-line to a system that we can provide you and give you hourly or other service rates for service on, we can do this as well.
(f) You name it, whatever you want to get completed; we can help you in doing it so that it makes sense when it comes to the taxes.
(g) We work with many people; some of our clients are Attorneys and we have experience with paralegal as well. Need a contract drafted no problem, save costs on the Walmart of Professional Services as we like to call them which we have head from some of our clients.
(h) If you know payroll firms like we know payroll firms, youll know one thing thats true:
i. The majority of them speak a great package; and some of them deliver, but at what price. Most cannot offer you half of the services we can in our sleep and of the services that we can when we are awake to, we wont like many charge you more in the process.
Why should you choose our firm to complete Payroll. Simply stated, we are professional accounting people who have been doing it in business for almost two decades and we dont plan on quitting anytime soon.
Established clients maintained since our inception tells you a lot. We work with our clients. We dont pull punches; we let you know the facts. They may not always be what you want to hear, but they will be what you need to hear. And doing so, we have done our job and thats what were here for.
Many companies can offer you the whole full-package and call it cheap and easy; but its as far from it as it gets. Cheap may cost you more for outside professionals when you need problems solved.
Spend your time doing what you do best and leave the worrying to us.
If we cant do it or get it done, it cant be done.
Thank you for your interest in BC Business Services, Inc.
Barney Wayne Accounting Manager
All Content and Trademarks Copyright 2011 BC Business Services, Inc. All rights Reserved.