Harpist, Annette Bjorling, offers private harp lessons and workshops in various styles of music, beginners through advanced, youngsters through adults.
Lesson duration is from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Weekly lessons are recommended (less frequently is possible, more as well).
Cost is depending on length, frequency and location.
For example, 45-minute weekly lessons at Annette's studio are $50.
The harp studio is located in Evanston. Private harp lessons and ensemble classes are also available in the Chicago area and Northshore, Glenview, Skokie, Wilmette, etc.
Annette is an experienced teacher of both lever and pedal harp in various styles of music (classical, world music, etc.), improvisation and folk music, basics of music, theory, etc.
Rental harps are available for students who don't want to purchase an own instrument yet.
Also offered are bimonthly harp circles -- gatherings of harp students and friends -- and annual public harp class recitals.
The following are Annette's thoughts about teaching:
* I like teaching a lot, and I like to share musical experiences with others.
* My teaching style combines oral traditions (lots of listening) and classical techniques.
* Improvisation and interpretation is important for me as well.
* Music theory is a part of my teaching, especially harp students who need to know about chords and rhythms.
* Students might choose or specify a preferred teaching method or get introduced to 'everything.'
* I am open to all music styles. Besides classical music, I specialize in klezmer and other East European traditional music.
* I am offering workshops for groups for special themes (like Jewish music) in and outside Chicago.
Contact Annette for more information, scheduling, etc.