I teach piano, guitar, and composition in an easily understood, stress-free method. Complete beginners to advanced students are welcome.
I also have taught privately and @ UMass Amherst, Rivier Univ. & Amherst College. I include composition, some technique, and teach what can be applied - straight-away and in an easily understood fashion. I charge 25- a half hour, a little more if I travel out. I have studied with many diverse artist teachers from J.Coltranes teacher to Kuhn, Jarret, Corea, & Hancocks, teacher - who also had spent time with S. Rachmaninoff.
I have also taught for the public school systems of Andover and Lowell Mass.
If you could, get back to me for a lesson time as you'll have a better choice of times available.
Lowell, MA 01852
* Provides private instruction for piano, guitar, and composition
* Offers extensive teaching and performance background
* University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA. Performing Arts Division Faculty/Private Instruction
* Graduate teaching position: Revolutionary Concepts of Afro-American Music with Archie Shepp.
* Conducted Jazz Ensembles.
* Amherst College, Amherst, MA Private Guitar Instruction.
* Rivier College, Nashua, NH Private and Group Instruction: Music Theory / Guitar
* Conducted academic research and instruction: Embellishments Symmetry MIDI
* Music Theory-Composition
* Uses Studio Vision, Overture, Professional Composer, DMCS, and Finale software.
* Prepared lesson plans, implemented curriculum and graded material.
* Supervises classroom assistants to grade student materials.
* Assists graduate music students with MIDI and in the studio.
* Advised students with varying abilities and skills to create successful and achievable academic and vocational goals.
* Provided follow-through discussions and meetings to successfully complete and actualize students defined goals.
* Experienced with music software and is current with emerging technologies.
* Understands the technological scope of today's music industry.
* Hands-on with the first prototype of the Synclavier.
* Skilled using computer software from a program's infancy throughout development.
* Expert in Accelerated Music Theory within three different computer platforms.
Consultant: Involved with a new music program written by MIT alumni.
Supports current popular and modern style artists by exchanging ideas, critiquing, and
participating in collaborative meetings involving music software, and performance.
* Advanced techniques in electronic musical components.
* Studio techniques include mixing, overdubbing, and editing.
* Produces a finished musical score on a timely basis minimizing additional studio costs.
* Superior skills with Finale, Sonar, DMCX music software, MIDI programming.
* CD Recording With Open Eyes. Featured artists Peter Orphanos with Steve Kuhn,
Eddie Gomez, Bob Moses, Charlie LaChappele and Jerry Bergonzi.
* Instructional Guitar Book - Guitar Insight: A guide to composition and technique on guitar.
* Professional performances at major universities, museums, art galleries, and arenas.
* Played in sessions with many diverse musicians: Keith Haring, Timothy Leary,
Malcolm John Rebennack, Jr., Dr. John, Len Stelos, Ridgely Snow, Bob Kobus, and many others.
* Guitar performances - classical music performances and presentations, blues, solo, duets, and trios, within public arena and private corporate settings.
* PBS/BBC Theatre Hartford, CT. Played contemporary jazz in Real Art Ways, R.A.W.
* PBS/BBC Theatre Special included a popular and original material with Butch Morris.
* Saint Patrick's Cathedral Washington, DC Featured Guitar Soloist
* Guitar Soloist with the New England Youth Ensemble / Thayer Conservatory South Lancaster,
* Instruction and Training with Madame Margaret Chaloff , Miroslav Vitous,
Charlie Banacos, Jerry Bergonzi, Oscar Ghiglia, Mario Escudero, Fora Andrew,
Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, Dr. Virginia-Gene Rittenhouse.
* Invited by AndrÃ©s Segovia to study in Alicante, Spain.
* University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA Professor Archie Shepp Ensemble
*The university of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA with Professor Roland Wiggins
* Composition Piano Theory Arranging Composition and Ear Training
* Acrylic Clay Encaustic Gauche Oils Pastels Water-Colors
* Private Studies and Workshops with
Sophia Spanos-Orphanos, Robert Douglas Hunter and worked alongside G. Condo
Education and Training
* University of Massachusetts MCC
* New England Conservatory Berklee College of Music School of Contemporary Music
Web Site Links
* Amherst, MA Bedford, MA Boston, MA Boston, MA Brookline MA
* Bachelor of Arts Degree Calligraphy / Photography Piano with Robert Sherwood Theory Composition