LPCC, Licensed School Counselor
Rochester, MN Area
- Licensed Professional School Therapist, Byron elementary school.
• Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) with 4000 + hours of experience in private practice including marital therapy and individual therapy with children, adolescents & adults with a wide variety of diagnoses.
• Licensed K - 12 School Counselor with experience counseling students on academic, career, social,family and personal issues as well as standardized test administration and classroom presentations.
• Exceptional depth and breadth of counselor training with 27 + years of experience in the areas of
Mental Health, Marital, School, Vocational/Medical Rehabilitation, EAP, and Addictions counseling.
Graduate Candidate, University of MN - Addictions program toward LADC
Willing to relocate to: Saint Paul, MN
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Behavioral Health Care Specialist/Coach
Cigna Insurance Company - Eden Prairie, MN - August 2012 to Present
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Self-employed Owatonna & Eden Prairie, MN
School Counselor - Long-Term Substitute, Medford Public Schools Medford, MN
School Counselor Practicum, Medford Public Schools Medford, MN
Therapist, Gerard Academy Austin, MN April, 2008-September 2008
Anger Management Counselor, MESA Practicum Shakopee, MN 1993-1994 (600 hours)
College Instructor, Riverland Community & Technical College (1 semester) Owatonna, MN
Patient Navigator, American Cancer Society/Mayo Clinic Cancer Education Center (Nov, 2003-June, 2004) Rochester, MN
Tobacco Cessation Counselor, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN (April, 1999 - November, 2001)
Disability Specialist - Medical & Vocational, Federated Insurance (July,1982 - December, 1997) Minneapolis,
Vocational Assessment Specialist, Career Solutions, Minneapolis, MN
Self-Employed part time & Behavioral Health Specialist/Coach
Suzanne M. Prestridge, MA, LPCC & Cigna - Eden Prairie, MN - August 2008 to Present
Testing & Assessment
• Conducted in-depth, comprehensive clinical assessments of client's need for EAP Services includingmental health, emotional well-being & addiction disorders as well as childcare, parenting, eldercare, education, legal, financial, and work issues.
• Administered, scored and interpreted standardized and non-standardized aptitude, achievementand interest tests with worker's compensation and vocational rehabilitation clients.
• Administered standardized tests to groups of students in school settings including the MCA, NWEA,PSAT, PLAN and EXPLORE.
• Performed intake assessment interviews with patients in a tobacco cessation program.
Licensed School Counselor junior & senior high
School Counseling & Education - Medford, MN - January 2009 to November 2011
Provided academic advising, career planning & counseling XXXX and senior high school students. • Taught developmental psychology at post-secondary level with responsibility for curriculum development, coordination of class projects, operation of media, and public speaking. • Taught patient education classes on coping with cancer and family communication skills.
• Assisted with behavioral management for children & adolescents with EBD diagnoses in a classroom environment.
• Provided case management and coaching/counseling to vocational rehabilitation clients, chronically ill patients with mental health issues, and families with adolescents hospitalized for depression or anxiety. • Facilitated appropriate referrals to benefit plans & community resources, arranged physical and vocational evaluations, and thoroughly documented all case activity while adhering to defined case management procedures.
• Analyzed and synthesized client information from multiple sources including interviews, education & medical records, diagnostic evaluations, and professional consultations.
• Conducted team meetings to prepare students for transition & reintegration into school, home and community environments.
• Developed individualized vocational training plans based upon client's aptitudes, education, physical abilities and career goals.
• Demonstrated thorough understanding of key legislation impacting the workplace such as ADA, DOT,HIPAA/HITECH Act, ACA and Duty to Warn.
Rochester Job Service & Minneapolis Job Service - Rochester, MN - November 1982 to September 1993
Assisted adolescents and adults in job seeking skills, job search, providing resources, referrals and employer visits for network. Helped out with aptitude and assessments. .
Became knowledgeable about occupational outlooks, labor data, job seeking and job search resources
Data processing, used labor market information, counseling skills
Human Services Specialist
Minnesota Learning Center - Brainerd, MN - June 1981 to August 1983
Worked with SPMI (adults) and adolescent emotional behavior disorder students in residential treatment facilities.
Graduate Candidate (practicum needed) in Addictions
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities - Minneapolis, MN
2015 to 2016
M.A. in Counseling Psychology
St. Mary's University - Winona, MN
B.A. in Psychology & Business Administration
Minnesota State University - Mankato, MN
School Counselor Endorsement in School Counselor K-12
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN
Type 90 wpm, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, corporate databases (10+ years), Public Relations (10+ years), Counseling (10+ years), Addictions Counselor - Graduate Candidate toward LADC, U of MN (Less than 1 year)
Licensed School Counselor K-12
February 2010 to February 2021
School/guidance counselor grades K-12
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Papers Presented:
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN
Belonging & Friendships in Middle School
Effective Assessment in Middle School