Introduction: Our methods are humane and effective, utilizing positive techniques founded in the latest of canine research and science. We do not believe in instructing dogs through physical punishment or appeasement-based techniques. Instead, we teach our clients how to interact and communicate with their dogs in such a way that the dog is excited to listen and learn! We aim to have smart owners as well as smart dogs.
Our services include the following:
* Puppy Right Start Consultation (PRS) -- Getting a new puppy is incredibly exciting, yet at the same time can be exhausting and frustrating. This 2-hour consultation gives you everything you need to know, from crucial developmental stages and how to appropriately interact with your new pup to preventing potty accidents, separation anxiety, and naughty behaviors (destructive chewing, biting, demand barking, etc.). In the end, you will have the tools and confidence necessary to raise a well-balanced and well-behaved dog. Ages 8 to 18 weeks.
* In-Home Private Training - Obedience -- Perfect for your juvenile or adolescent pup ages 4 to 12 months (or for any older dog or owner interested in learning something new). This obedience-based training program focuses on the elements we all like our dogs to know -- sit, down, stay, come, loose-leash walking, etc. Rooted in positive, reward-based methods, this program is fun and exciting for both the dog and the owner alike! The basic program comes with five 1-hour sessions, and our advanced program comes with 10 1-hour sessions.
* In-Home 90-Minute Consultation -- The best training programs are the ones tailored to your specific needs, environments, and circumstances. If your training goals reach beyond basic obedience (see "Behavior Modification" and "Fears/Anxieties and/or Aggression" below), we first require a 90-minute in-home consultation to go over all the finer details and make sure that we address all of your needs individually. During the consultation, we will also begin to troubleshoot some of the issues you are having and discuss what you can begin doing right away. Each consultation comes with a tailored training program that will serve as your training guideline as well as a minimum of 30 days' email support.
* In-Home Private Training - Behavior Modification -- We all love our dogs, which can make it hard to admit when they misbehave. The truth of the matter is that there is no such thing as a "perfect dog," and knowing when to ask for help will only benefit the lives and well-being of yourself and your canine companion. Following a 90-minute in-home consultation, you will receive a tailored training program based on your goals. This program will act as your guideline as we instruct you on methods of reward-based training, management, prevention, and counter-conditioning. The amount of sessions required varies depending on a multitude of factors, all of which will be determined after the initial consultation. Contact us now to set up your free consultation!
* In-Home Private Training - Fears/Anxieties and/or Aggression -- Similar to the "Behavior Modification" program, a 90-minute, in-home consultation must be set up first. This program includes, but is not limited to, dogs (above 4 months) with separation anxiety, fear of strangers, fear of other dogs, environmental phobia, neophobic behavior, human aggression (both on or off their territory) and dog aggression. Dogs with these behavioral issues can be the hardest to work with and the hardest to own. A dog with fear or aggression issues can dominate a person's life especially if that person is dedicated to his/her dog's needs. We will instruct you on developing a plan to help the quality of your dog's life and by extension your own. Alongside the skills taught in the "Behavior Modification" program, you will learn methods of management and specialized desensitization and counter-conditioning. Because of the intensity of this program, at least 10 private sessions are required.
Please take note that although amazing strides can be made in adult dogs with fears and true aggression, there unfortunately is no "cure." Anyone stating otherwise may be misleading you.
Contact us now to set up your free consultation!