How much do personal shoppers cost?
Hiring a personal shopper may seem like excess spending, but can actually save you money in the long run. The national average price range for personal shoppers is $120-$200 per hour. Pricing per hour can vary greatly, depending on where you live in the country and the reputation of the shopper. The majority of personal shoppers charge per hour, with many offering pre-set package pricing that bundle several of their services. Typically, the larger the package—or the more hours up front you purchase—the greater the savings on their hourly rate. Here are a few examples of average personal shopper costs:
- Hourly rates: $50-$200. Prices can vary greatly depending on reputation and geographic location.
- Eight-hour personal shopping package: $672. Purchasing in bulk provides a $120 savings from the $99 hourly rate.
- Three hours of personal shopping: $490 (includes 1.5 hours of pre-shopping for a total of 4.5 hours). Purchasing in bulk provides a $185 discount off the hourly rate of $150.
- Twenty or more hours of closet reorganization and personal shopping: $1,400. This service time is split over two seasons and includes up to 20 hours of service, which comes to $70 per hour.
- Three hours of personal shopping for vacation: $600. Includes three hours of personal shopping plus packing and outfit coordination at the client’s home.