How much does it cost to hire an app developer?
Software development is a serious investment for any company, costing thousands of dollars for even basic apps. It’s tough to estimate costs because there are so many variables to each project: user requirements, feature set, complexity, size, etc. Mobile apps can cost from $20,000 to more than $100,000, depending on what you need the app to do. The average national cost of an app developer is $237.50 per hour, but prices vary widely depending on location, type of app, features, and much, much more.
To get a sense of what hiring an app developer might cost, decide first what kind of software you need. In general, app developers charge hourly fees based on the language they’ll use to code the software. Freelancers cost less than large software development firms, typically charging an average of:
- Basic C development: $75-$150 per hour.
- Front-end web development: $50-$75 per hour.
- Back-end web development: $75-$150 per hour.
- API development: $75-$150 per hour.
- Desktop app development: $30-$100 per hour.
- Mobile app development: $30-$150 per hour.
Larger software vendors charge much more, often as much as $300 to $400 per hour.