What are the different types of drywall texture?
There are plenty of interesting drywall textures beyond the smooth eggshell look. Some common ones include:
- Popcorn ceiling, which features rounded knobs that are great for sound dampening and covering up repair work.
- Orange peel texture features a slightly wrinkled surface like an orange peel.
- Comb texture creates a series of stacked, curved grooves.
- Stomp brush texture is formed by driving a loaded mud brush against the wall and pulling it away.
- Skip trowel technique is also popular and leaves a unique, uneven surface that resembles stucco.
Talk to drywall texturing professionals to figure out which type is right for you.