What are the signs I need new insulation?
There are several signs you might need new insulation. For example, you may need to upgrade your insulation if:
- Your electricity, heating and cooling bills continue to rise.
- An auditor notes during your whole-house energy assessment that you need insulation in certain areas.
- Your rooms have uneven (and uncomfortable) temperatures.
- Drafts of cold air are entering your house.
- You’re having moisture, mold or mildew issues.
If you think your home might be under-insulated or it’s time for some better insulation, hire an insulation contractor