Why are swimming lessons important?
Swimming lessons have major health and safety benefits, not to mention the fact that swimming is really fun. Here are some of the many reasons swimming lessons are important:
- Life saving: Knowing how to swim can help you save your own life or the life of someone else. Prevent drowning by learning to swim.
- Improved health in seniors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that water-based exercise can decrease disability and maintain bone density in seniors.
- Good mental health: Swimming can improve moods in both men and women, according to the CDC. Swimming can help with depression, can create bonds in families and can promote mental wellness in pregnant women.
- Arthritis relief: Water-based exercise can ease joint and other physical pain in people suffering from arthritis, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Whole-body workout: Swimming works all your muscles — without the impact of a sport like running.
- Water safety: It’s important for swimmers of all ages to learn about water safety. Swim lessons provide the proper pool and water etiquette to help keep everyone safe and having fun.