I live out of town, so I had Brian come to my mother's house to help her with numerous small items, e.g., replacing the shower head, fixing some cabinet doors, etc.
First of all, his work was excellent. My mother was thrilled with his quality of work and even plains on retaining him for some other tasks.
This is what stands out to me:
1) He's honest. I can't emphasize that enough. You never need to worry that he's taking advantage.
2) He's highly skilled. Apparently he has extensive experience in the construction industry, so this isn't just some college kid with a hammer. He can skillfully do a professional job, because he's actually a professional at this.
3) He has good judgement that you can trust. Even when a part needed replacement, he very carefully spelled out which parts he recommended and why. He sent me several options. I could tell that he's reasonable and goes for quality. He won't have you paying simply for a name, nor simply give you something cheaply and poorly made. You can trust his judgement on these matters.
4) He's thoughtful and considerate. Because he knew that I lived out of town, he volunteered to send before and after photos of his work to give me peace of mind.
5) His communication is timely and thorough. He always lets you know when he will contact you, and you can count on him doing it. Even remotely, I always felt I had a pulse on what had been done, and what remained. He also responded quickly and thoughtfully to all of my communications.
6) His work is timely and thorough. He comes when he says he will. He follows up as promised. And he does what he says he will do.
7) He has a great work ethic. He refused to accept payment upfront, insisting that he be paid only after the work was finished, and up to our standards. That speaks volumes!
8) He makes it easy. From payment to coordinating times and what needed to be done, he went out of his way to be accommodating, and he made it the entire process quite painless.
9) Apparently, he's charming. My mother simply adores him and his fiancée.
10) Lastly, he simply goes above and beyond to leave the customer happy.