Partners in Excellence Autism Therapy Center
La Crosse, WI
As assistant to the center's director, I regularly interfaced with personnel in the corporate office performing numerous duties, which included the following:
* Participating in the day-to-day operations, where I supervised and counseled staff, enforced policies and procedures, and when needed, took disciplinary measures
* Overseeing the maintenance of the facility, made up of a therapy center, a private school, a day preschool and a daycare service
* Performing HR duties, such as screening and interviewing applicants and conducting new-hire orientation
* Submitting and tracking prior authorizations with private and government insurance entities
* Acting as the point person in the planning, promoting, and staging of open houses, career fairs, and promotional events that required orchestrating all facets of the events, including venues, presentations, entertainment, vendors and catering
* Writing and distributing press releases, as well as copy for informational and promotional pieces, and overseeing the production and distribution of promotional packets to print, electronic, and online media.
* Completing and filing state and county reports in a timely manner
* Interfacing with clients' families and community members, conducting tours, and providing informational materials
* Planning, doing prep work, promotion and setup, and hosting of the center's monthly training and educational seminars for educators, social workers, community leaders, medical workers, therapists, professional caretakers, and families
Arrowhead Apartments and Townhouses
La Crosse, WI
I managed 264 residential units, where my duties included the following:
* Management of all sales, supervisory, maintenance, and cleaning staff as well as contract workers
* Interactions with residents of the complex, in which I oversee the presentation and leasing of the units, the proper completion and tracking of all contacts and agreements between residents and Arrowhead, the resolution of any issues or complaints of residents which could extend from maintenance issues to residents' compliance with Arrowhead's policies
* Interfacing directly with city and county personnel, ensuring compliance with codes and ordinances
Midwest Capital Services, Aviation Department
La Crosse, WI
As a member of a three-person crew of a privately owned Challenger 300 jet, I was solely responsible for the outfitting and maintenance of the plane's cabin. Upon delivery of a new jet, I outfitted the entire cabin, galley and lavatory and oversaw the supplying and maintenance of the cabin.
Being FAA certified for Part 135 flights, I was responsible for the passengers' comfort and safety, from the moment they boarded until they disembarked, managing all aspects of the customer service while acting as the liaison between the flight crew and the passengers during flights.
Secretary and Patient Liaison
Gundersen Dental Clinic
La Crosse, WI
I was a secretary for five doctors, and my duties are the following:
* With minimum training, assumed responsibility for such duties as the accurate completion of notes, preparing medical charts, managing doctors' correspondence, and completing and submitting insurance paperwork for prior authorizations
* Successfully updated files and helped streamline the processing of notes and medical charts resulting in an increased efficiency and trained new secretarial staff and patient liaison
* I met with patients, determining accurate scheduling of procedures, providing over-the-telephone triage of emergencies, managing the flow and information of computer and paper records, helping manage daily patient flow, and assisting patients with special needs and challenges.
I've been the leader as well as a team member in the planning and staging of events with budgets, from as small as a few hundred dollars to as large as tens of thousands of dollars.
I've participated in all stages of event planning, including the conception, promotion, pre-production, management of activities during the day(s) of the events, and the post-event follow-up, including post-event evaluations.
I've arranged the technical and material support and room setup that participants have needed for successful presentations and performances.
I've taken the lead as well as assisted in preparing venues to comfortably, efficiently and creatively accommodate the anticipated volume of attendees and to ensure a smooth ebb and flow from venue to venue, creating a pleasant ambiance and a valuable experience.
Clients have been in the fields of travel, wholesale, retail, finance, high-tech, political, medical, religion, public affairs, entertainment and the arts.
I've been a writer, director and producer from 1988 to current.
I've written and/or produced for major as well as small advertising agencies, production houses and studios. Projects have included documentaries, training films, television and radio commercials, multimedia presentations, brochures, direct mail pieces, magazine and newspaper advertisements, multimedia, catalogues, billboards, newsletters, and feature articles. Projects have been aired and published locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
* Communications -- Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah)
* Dramatic Arts -- University of California at Berkeley (Berkeley, California)