Introduction: MTS is a father-and-son collaboration.
Bob and Xavier have over 50 years of tennis industry and teaching experience. Their students cover the gamut of age (from 4 years old to more than 70 years old) and playing experience, beginners, ranked juniors, college players, 2.5- to 4.5-level adult players. They teach in Orinda, Oakland and Berkeley. They offer a variety of lesson formats, from private and semiprivate lessons to small group classes and team tennis coaching sessions.
Below is their bio.
Bob has been involved in playing, teaching, coaching, managing facilities, and administrating tennis programs for over 38 years. Some of his accomplishments include the following:
* Four years of intercollegiate competition at Division I, St. Mary's College
* Owner of Jeronimo's Juniors Tennis High Performance Program
* Tennis director and head men's and women's coach at The Head Royce School for 25 years
* Cofounder and administrative director of the Pro Kennex Junior League (currently East Bay Junior League)
* Served as director of adult competitive tennis for USTA Northern California
* Section league coordinator of USTA NorCal Adult Leagues
* USTA NorCal sponsorship and fund-raising manager
* Partner and managing director of a private tennis facility
* Assistant women's tennis coach at Mills College, a Division III athletic program
* Trained in QuickStart tennis format
* Coached numerous sectional- and national- ranked juniors
Xavier has been involved with tennis for most of his life. He started hitting balloons and tennis balls as soon as he could walk. Some of his tennis accomplishments include the following:
* Tennis camp counselor at Head Royce School, summer enrichment sports camps
* Quarter-finalist of 2002 CIF Central Section Singles Championship
* USTA NorCal junior sectional ranking in 12, 14, 16 and 18 and under age groups for both singles and doubles
* USTA Northern California sportsmanship award winner
* Professional Tennis Registry certified teaching professional
* Tennis professional at the Hills Swim & Tennis Club
* Head summer camp instructor for Benko Tennis
* Assistant professional at Sleepy Hollow Swim and Tennis Club
Xavier is also a certified emergency medical technician.
The combined experience of Bob and Xavier provides a unique opportunity for prospective students to experience learning the game of tennis from a multigenerational perspective. They look forward to providing and serving the tennis instructional needs of the Greater East Bay community for many years.