Have your child read!
Agape Learning is offering the Jolly Phonics Program.
What is Jolly Phonics?
Jolly Phonics is a fun and child-centered approach to teaching literacy through synthetic phonics. With actions for each of the 42 letter sounds, the multi-sensory method is very motivating for children and teachers who can see their students achieve.
Letter Sound Order
The sounds are taught in a specific order (not alphabetically). This enables children to begin building words as early as possible.
How does Jolly Phonics work?
Using a synthetic phonics approach, Jolly Phonics teaches children the five key skills for reading and writing. Complemented by Jolly Readers and Jolly Grammar, it provides a thorough foundation for teaching literacy over three years in school.
The five skills taught in Jolly Phonics:
1. Learning the letter sounds
Children are taught the 42 main letter sounds. This includes alphabet sounds, as well as digraphs, such as sh, th, ai, and ue.
2. Learning letter formation
Using different multi-sensory methods, children learn how to form and write the letters.
Children are taught how to blend the sounds together to read and write new words.
4. Identifying the sounds in words (segmenting)
Listening for the sounds in words gives children the best start for improving spelling.
5. Tricky words (sight words)
Tricky words have irregular spellings and children learn these separately.
With the Jolly Learning Program, your child will receive the following:
1. Materials and worksheets
2. Participation and improvement incentives
3. Read-along booklets
4. Personalized Jolly Phonics Certificate (upon completion)
Program details include the following:
- One hour sessions with 1:1 reading
- Four sessions per week (Monday to Thursday)
- Hourly session times are: 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Class size of only 10 to 12 students per session
- Classes will start soon (a total of 36 sessions) (call for schedule)
- Classes are conveniently located in Arcadia, CA
- No registration fee
This whole package is only $250 per month or $450 for two months.
Space is limited. Call now to reserve a spot for your child!